Remote Start

LDL007

I just bought a charcoal grey Lexus EH250h and just love it.

Three questions:

1. I finally figured out the remote start. When I remore start, and then turn off the engine, the car lurches perceptively an inch or two. Is this normal?

2. My garage door has a roaming coe. How does one synchronize with the garage door function on the car?

3. My iphone synchronizes well with the bluetooth function; however, my iPhone music doesn't come through. Why? My iPhone is an older version but the software is uptodate.

I took it for a 250 mile high way trip. Got about 38 miles/gallon. The ride is extremely quiet and comfortable. Too late.. I should have bought the gizmo package. The car deserves it.

P.S. I also have two Prius(es?)

Thanks

Well, it looks like very few people reply in this form. view/reply ratio is one of the highest I have seen in any forum.

Why?

1. Lack of interest

2. Very few hs250 owners.

3. Don't have anything to contribute.

4. Not worth responding.

5. Other reasons.

I don't have an HS250 but I would say that the car should NOT lurch in any direction when you are using the remote start. Does it do that normally, i.e. if you don't use remote start?

There should be a section in you owners manual telling you how to program the garage door opener function. Neither of my door openers works with my GS, the dealer tells me they are too old, although one is only a year old.

As for the iphone, can it normally transmit music via bluetooth? Or is the bluetooth only meant for the phone functions?

Three questions:

1. I finally figured out the remote start. When I remore start, and then turn off the engine, the car lurches perceptively an inch or two. Is this normal?

2. My garage door has a roaming coe. How does one synchronize with the garage door function on the car?

3. My iphone synchronizes well with the bluetooth function; however, my iPhone music doesn't come through. Why? My iPhone is an older version but the software is uptodate.

I took it for a 250 mile high way trip. Got about 38 miles/gallon. The ride is extremely quiet and comfortable. Too late.. I should have bought the gizmo package. The car deserves it.

Thanks

Return the car to the dealer. The car should not move when using the remote start. It should be in park when you get out of the car and remotely there is no way to take it out of park, therefore the car should not move. IMHO

I tried using the instructions in the Lexus manual for programming the garage door buttons and it didn't work repeatedly. I used the instructions in my wife's Nissan manual and it worked. See your dealer.

Is the volume turned up in the car? My volume ends up at zero every so often. Does the iPhone look like it is playing music? The iPhone should show your car as the output for the speaker. Mine shows the name I gave the car in the bluetooth programming.

Not too familiar with Lexus models, I don't have an EH(?), but have an 2010 RX which may account for some differences in the operation of our vehicles.

• 1 month later...

:unsure:Hi LDL,

I will be picking my 250 tomorrow. I thought Lexus give you a complete tour on your lexus? Also, custimize your programs, bells and whistle. My sales agent said it will take about 3 hours to go over the complete vehicle and program. :unsure:

Three questions:

Thanks

• 6 months later...

I finally figured out the remote start.

Thanks

Hey -- Sorry to glom on to your post with a question, but how did you get the remote start to work? My understanding is you press the "lock" button 3 times, while holding the last press for 3 seconds. It never works... Is there secret to the maneuver?

Thanks

Hey -- Sorry to glom on to your post with a question, but how did you get the remote start to work? My understanding is you press the "lock" button 3 times, while holding the last press for 3 seconds. It never works... Is there secret to the maneuver?

Do your lights flash when you push the lock button? If no, something is wrong. Take it to the dealer. If they flash, sync your button pushing with the lights. Push lock, lights flash, push button, lights flash, push button and hold until the lights start flashing multiple times then release button. I think if you go too slow or too fast it won't work. The other problem is distance. Practice standing close to the car. If you get too far away, it won't work. Lexus remote start is barely considered remote...get more than 30 feet away you're pressing your luck. Also rather than two pushes and hold, try three pushes and hold, but still sync with the lights. Anyway that is what works for me. One final comment, are you sure you have remote start? It is not standard, it's an option. Did you pay extra for it?

Good luck.

Thanks

Do your lights flash when you push the lock button? If no, something is wrong. Take it to the dealer. If they flash, sync your button pushing with the lights. Push lock, lights flash, push button, lights flash, push button and hold until the lights start flashing multiple times then release button. I think if you go too slow or too fast it won't work. The other problem is distance. Practice standing close to the car. If you get too far away, it won't work. Lexus remote start is barely considered remote...get more than 30 feet away you're pressing your luck. Also rather than two pushes and hold, try three pushes and hold, but still sync with the lights. Anyway that is what works for me. One final comment, are you sure you have remote start? It is not standard, it's an option. Did you pay extra for it?

Good luck.

Thanks for the pointers. I definitely have the option. (I didn't really want it, but it was already installed on the model I otherwise wanted). I'm guessing it's either really finicky, or isn't working, since I've tried everything you suggested to no avail. And the whole point of remote start is to be able to REMOTELY start your car. If I have to stand 15 feet from it, I might as well just go get inside the car and start it. But I digress...

Some answers from our experience.

As far as the lurching, my wife's HS does not move when it's turned off by the remote.

Usually on roamning garage door openers, you have to hit a button on the opener's motor in the garage to put it in "teaching" mode, then you hit the button on the HS mirror twice and hold until it flashes rapidly. Worked fine with ours.

On the remote start - at least with our car - only one of the remotes has the remote start option. It actually had a little tag and a little sticker on it. Works fine from inside the house.

iPhone synchronizes and plays fine through the BT port. Not sure what your issue is.

I don't know of any setups where an iPhone will play wirelessly through BlueTooth. I don't think the iPhone will do that, but I could be wrong. craignhp, you said through the BT port. If you are plugging something into a port, then you are not using BlueTooth, but rather the USB port. If the OP is trying to sync via bluetooth and then play music, I don't think that is an option.

Well, it looks like very few people reply in this form. view/reply ratio is one of the highest I have seen in any forum.

Why?

1. Lack of interest

2. Very few hs250 owners.

3. Don't have anything to contribute.

4. Not worth responding.

5. Other reasons.

Hi LDL007

Glad to see you've gotten some response to your questions. As you can tell, somtimes the forums can be slow for certain models one day and really busy the next. So your lack of immediate response is not do to a lack of interest but number 2., a smaller number of hs250 owners. And because of that, there is not a large pool of knowledge from which to draw; that leads to number 3.

You might try posting questions/situations in the General Discussion sections at the top of the home page. You can post anything such as your remote start question. Hope everything comes together for you.

Paul

TX1991Fan, No, the bluetooth is wireless. It absolutely works fine. You have to "pair" the iPhone with the car - both to use it as a phone, and also to use it as a bluetooth device. We have both her iPhone and mine paired with the car, we just select on the screen which one to use for the BT (bluetooth) mode at that time. You can also plug the phone in through the USB port to use the auxiliary mode - but who wants to play with wires. This way, she can just keep it in her purse.

Here's a video describing hooking up an iPhone both as a phone AND as a wireless audio player.

http://cnettv.cnet.com/how-pair-phone-2010-lexus-hs250h/9742-1_53-50076177.html

• 1 month later...

I don't have remote start, but my HS has "lurched" forward a few inches when i turn it off only a couple of times in 17k miles. It has only happened in the garage, nowhere else. Odd but

I don't know what causes it, maybe it's somehow got the engine torque loaded against the brakes when i come to a stop.

My bluetooth streaming works great, both on a Blackberry and EVO, but you do pair them seperately. Works much better than the lame ipod integration!

The Homelink is a pain to program, my dealer had a printout directly from Homelink's website that proved useful, you might browse around for that.

Good luck!