Moon Roof Leaks

idsawyer

tell you the truth you be better just goin somewhere and having that done :unsure: bu tyou can also change out that seal that goes around your sunroof to

Help, my moon roof is leaking. I was told there are drains that may be plugged. How do I access them?

post-113155-127171140773_thumb.jpg

Clean the seals and the opening where they connect to the car. Put a little bit of clear silicone lube "just a slight smidge, not a lot" around the rubber seal. And be sure that if you have the sunroof open in "tilt" mode, that when you go to close it, you close in a fashion where you slide it back just a hair, then close it. On my 95', I had this problem too, and was able to fix it this way. Whenever I used the "tilt" mode, and only closed it normally, it would leak. But, if when I went to close it, I actually slide it back just a smudge before closing it, it would seal correctly and wouldn't leak. If you don't put a little lubrication on the rubber seals, especially along the front of it, you could find the rubber seal sticking to the paint, not a good thing. If that happens, be vary careful to gently massage the seal loose from the paint. You don't want to tear the rubber.