Help Me Understand And Yyy(Big Brake Upgrade)

blacklexus90

:chairshot: Hello to all,I am trying to figure out why you need the lower ball joint if you r upgrading to the 1995 and up 4 piston caliber on a 1990-1994 lexus.If I am right the caliper bolts to the spindle right?and the ball joint is all the way at the bottom of the spindle so where would the caliper hit at??I have read a few post on the upgrade but really dont understand y the ball joint play a part in the upgrade.Thanks to all on here.

I have the parts to do this but have yet to have time to put it all on but from what I understood, and looking at the ball joint, it's the connection to the tie rod end that is the issue. The first generation ball joint has a raised arm that the tie rod ends bolts to, sort of stair step shape if that helps, while the later ball joint is flat, allowing the tie rod end to sit lower. It's the raised part that interferes with the caliper since it's larger, thus longer, and sits lower on the spindle. Take your wheel off and look at it.