Which Code Reader For 95 Es300?

col_panic

I just ordered an Equus OBD I code reader and then realized the application sheet only shows it for models through 1993. The emmisions sticker does not say OBD II compliant. I found a site that says in 1994 Lexus began using OBD II, but they were not fully compliant. Is there a specific reader for the 94 and 95? Will an OBD II work, but not fully?

update:

i called equus the same night and they cancelled my obd i scanner order. found the obd ii scanner from midway auto supply for $119 and free shipping. got it today and it works great.

the check engine light went out yesterday, but the reader shows the only stored code as P0135 - 02 sensor heater circuit malfunction (bank 1 sensor 1). i hardly ever need the heater in south florida so i am happy this was the only code.

i love this reader. thanks again for the help.

Pull the fuse panel cover inside the car below the mirror controls, and you will see the plug(it looks like something you'd see on a computer) next to the fuses. If you can't find it, I'll snap a pic for you.

:cheers:

It is to the right of the fuses behind the fuse cover which is to the left of the steering wheel.

you are right it is a 1mz-fe engine and obd2

there is also another data connection on the top of the intake maniold of the engine on the right side