Search Question

landar

Perhaps the new website omitted the Advanced search link feature or.... I may be going blind (a real possibility).

According to the help section:

"Advanced Options

If instead of typing your keywords into the quick-search bar, you click the "Advanced" link next to it, you will see some advanced options for searching."

Can anyone enlighten me concerning the Advanced search? Where is it?

I stumbled upon a way to get to the advanced search. Just type a 3 letter word into the search field and go. The advanced field will come up complaining about < 4 characters. Then you can modify the individual parameters.

I still think there is a missing "Advanced" button but this method will get you in for now.

I stumbled upon a way to get to the advanced search. Just type a 3 letter word into the search field and go. The advanced field will come up complaining about < 4 characters. Then you can modify the individual parameters.

I still think there is a missing "Advanced" button but this method will get you in for now.

Good find, Randy. I could get it to work only with the search field at the bottom left of the screen. The Search option at the top of the screen provides only the Google search. I created a shortcut to your "advanced search" on my desktop. Although I don't see info about it, it looks like it is possible to search and find posts that include multiple words by putting a + sign before each word -- just like in the old forum format.

Now at least I can find my own past posts. Steve, please don't take this away from us.

You can also get to the advanced search by "flooding" the search engine...ie: multiple search tries within the 30 second timeout.

I believe the site used to have the Advanced button but may have been lost when going to the "IP.board" web implementation.

>> Now at least I can find my own past posts. Steve, please don't take this away from us.

It will cost you 1 million dollars. Paypal accepted. :lol: