95 Es300 Massive Leak

Hello all,

I am new to the board and this is my first post. So here it is....I have a 95 es300 that is leaking allot of water. I investigated the problem. Found that the water is coming from the passenger side under or right around where the alternator mounts to the engine. It seems to not leak much if at all during idle but at about 2k-3k rpms it will leak about 2-3 drips a second. I am sure that there is no water in the oil. Not sure however if a water jacket in the block is cracked or even just the head gasket. I have been filling this up every week with 1 gal of water, but now that it is warming up outside it seems to need water every 2 days if not sooner. If anyone has had this same issue please let me know. I found one other post with this issue but no end result. The car runs fine other then the water leaking out of it....Thanks in advance...

Hello all,

I am new to the board and this is my first post. So here it is....I have a 95 es300 that is leaking allot of water. I investigated the problem. Found that the water is coming from the passenger side under or right around where the alternator mounts to the engine. It seems to not leak much if at all during idle but at about 2k-3k rpms it will leak about 2-3 drips a second. I am sure that there is no water in the oil. Not sure however if a water jacket in the block is cracked or even just the head gasket. I have been filling this up every week with 1 gal of water, but now that it is warming up outside it seems to need water every 2 days if not sooner. If anyone has had this same issue please let me know. I found one other post with this issue but no end result. The car runs fine other then the water leaking out of it....Thanks in advance...

sounds like your water pump is going out I have a94 es300 and the water pump is in with the timing belt on mine

You have to get your car to someone who can track down the coolant leak and get it fixed. You have a bad head gasket, a frost plug has corroded through, a cracked block, a water pump on its way out or a rotted coolant hose. Driving the car as it is is going to destroy the engine if you don't get it repaired before its too late.

You have to get your car to someone who can track down the coolant leak and get it fixed. You have a bad head gasket, a frost plug has corroded through, a cracked block, a water pump on its way out or a rotted coolant hose. Driving the car as it is is going to destroy the engine if you don't get it repaired before its too late.

I am not sure why if the water pump is going out it would leak...I am going to investigate a little more. I am more then sure that the car is in fine working order with the exclution of the leaking water. It has no signs of internal failure. If the headgasket has failed it is not leaking into the engine. I just wanted to see if this was a common problem of this madel year...

The water pump bearing wears out and leaks. It gets worse and leaks more, and onto the timing belt which causes it to deteriorate more quickly.

Personally, i would fix any cooling issue asap and avoid the much larger problems that may occur if you delay. Take the advice you ve been given here.....

The water pump bearing wears out and leaks. It gets worse and leaks more, and onto the timing belt which causes it to deteriorate more quickly.

Personally, i would fix any cooling issue asap and avoid the much larger problems that may occur if you delay. Take the advice you ve been given here.....

Don't get me wrong....I will fix the issue ASAP...I just have not had the time. Reading this post helps alot....I will replace the water pump and the timingbelt this week and see if that helps....I have noticed a slight noise coming from the timingbelt area...this maybe the problem...I will let you know soon...Thanks again for all the great help...