Door Locks

ravig292

2000 Ls400

My door lock on the door behind my drivers side has a mind of its own.

this sounds crazy but it works in cold weather and not in hot weather.

when i unlock or lock my car with remote/drivers side button (same thing happens) the lock gets stuck, it trys to unlock twice but it gets stuck.

the same thing happens when locking.

this is really making me angry because i have to manually lock and unlock it.

you have a bad actuator in that door, and only a new lock will cure it....

$600. dollar job at this time, eventually a repair motor will become availiable to repair it.

but that is future, so put up with it or shell out $600 bucks...

myself, I am putting up with it, in my 99.

post-5365-127137031225_thumb.jpg

post-5365-127137032448_thumb.jpg

Salvage yard should be $35-50 for a used one, it may not last that long but it's worth a shot.

good luck on finding a 1998-2000 LS400 in a salvage yard.... let me know if you do.

A quick yard search yielded about 30 of them. Sports and Imports here in GA specializes in Lexus only, they easily have a couple in stock all the time.

www.car-part.com, enter your search criteria for a front door, then call to see if they'll part the motor. Lesser yards that only charge $250-300 for the whole door will gladly pull it in most cases.

Salvage yard should be $35-50 for a used one, it may not last that long but it's worth a shot.

good luck on finding a 1998-2000 LS400 in a salvage yard.... let me know if you do.

A quick yard search yielded about 30 of them. Sports and Imports here in GA specializes in Lexus only, they easily have a couple in stock all the time.

www.car-part.com, enter your search criteria for a front door, then call to see if they'll part the motor. Lesser yards that only charge $250-300 for the whole door will gladly pull it in most cases.

thanks, I am checking,

as of 4:45 saturday I have not had a single reply

from www.car-part.com... emailing ALL their vendors

looking for the lock or actuator....

do you want to check with your GA yard????

thanks, I am checking,

I should have also noted that calling is a better option. Most salvage yards are still old school, some don't reply to emails daily, some places only have one person to handle the internet sales. Calling the place usually gets a quicker answer, and even better if you find one remotely close, just go in person. Money talks, a person calling is not a potential customer as much as the guy standing at the counter, cash in hand. I do a lot of business with salvage yards and there's always the guy who's too busy to look up or worse go out and find a random, obscure part. Show up ready to buy though and he's motivated to get on it and do it.

thanks, I am checking,

I should have also noted that calling is a better option. Most salvage yards are still old school, some don't reply to emails daily, some places only have one person to handle the internet sales. Calling the place usually gets a quicker answer, and even better if you find one remotely close, just go in person. Money talks, a person calling is not a potential customer as much as the guy standing at the counter, cash in hand. I do a lot of business with salvage yards and there's always the guy who's too busy to look up or worse go out and find a random, obscure part. Show up ready to buy though and he's motivated to get on it and do it.

I cannot find a salvage 1998-2000 ls400 within 100 miles of Dallas area..... to walk up to.