Sc300 Supra Brake Upgrade And Wheel Offset

I'm planning to do a supra TT brake upgrade to my '98 sc300, and I need to make sure the wheels I'm getting will fit in right. The wheels are 18x8.5 front 18x9.5 rear +52 mm offset. I want to put in 245/40-18 front 265/35-18 rear. Any information provided would be greatly appreciated. Also, does anyone know where I can get my hands on some used supra TT calipers?

Thanks,

RagingNapalm

i looked at pics of one of our members cars with rims and asked his offset (which i thought looked perfect) he had a 37 offset up front and 44 in back he was also running 18 by9 and 18 by10 in the rear with 255/35/18 and 285/30/18

try a supra forum for the brakes

used to say, "tell the guy you are buying the wheels from they are for a supra TT." Well, that's not the best - you might get a wheel the does not rub at all or one that does sometimes. Now I say, tell they guy you want fronts that would clear on a supra TT. Probably 8.5 wide and maybe a +50 offset. That is OEM offset. 38 to 50 is the safe range dependind on wheel design. Kind of big window. The lower you get, the more to compromise ride handling potentially. The rears should be set-up for more SC. 45 to 50 if possible.

For reference, my halo's (great lookin wheels by the way n I luv em), are 18 by 8.5 up front and they clear the caliper by 5mm or so. I mean it's freaky close. They don't touch anything though no matter how I sling it. Unfortunately, the backs at 9.5 rub a bit on bumps and spirited turns or acceleration if I have someone in back. I need to verify the offset and get some work done on her when it warms up. Hopefully soon. Or I get a heater in the garage.

Best way to know if they clear is to get a test fit. That's not usually possible though.

• 16 years later...