Passenger Side Mirror

jmaron

My 2004 Lexus RX330 since last December 2009 went to a yellow hue with a slight double vision. Driver side and rear view mirror is fine. It does not makes no difference if the ignition is on or off. Even if I turn off the Auto on the rear view mirror this continues. Do I need to replace the mirror? Or is there anything else I can do?

Thanks for any help!

Jmaron

• 2 weeks later...

My 2004 Lexus RX330 since last December 2009 went to a yellow hue with a slight double vision. Driver side and rear view mirror is fine. It does not makes no difference if the ignition is on or off. Even if I turn off the Auto on the rear view mirror this continues. Do I need to replace the mirror? Or is there anything else I can do?

Thanks for any help!

Jmaron

Sounds like the glass has become de-laminated. Usually starts at the bottom with a yellow/ brownish blob. Check out e-bay. I saw a supplier that offers a replacement glass for $19.00. It is made to be glued over the old glass. It appears that the OEM glass can be bought without buying the complete side mirror assembly. I also found another e-bay supplier that looked as if they had replacement glass made by PPG. I think the price was $28.00. The PPG glass listed was for the driver's side. I would think the would carry the passanger side too. Check out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PPG-Auto-Glass-MIRROR-lexus-RX300-RX-300-2003-2002-2001-/250607886408?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a5964e048