Front Door Windows Removal

Quack11

I'm changing the front doors of my 91 LS400 but the doorS I bought have the windows all the way up. How do I remove these windows and does anyone have the removal/installation procedures? Thanks.

You just want them rolled down, or taken out of the door? To roll them down simply connect a 9.6V or greater battery to the window motor. To remove the window it's a bit more involved. The channels the glass rides in on either side of the door have to come out as there's a roller on each side of the glass that fits into it, but the glass has to be down to get the channels out anyway, they come out from the top of the door. With it down you'll see what I mean, they're secured in the door with large head philips screws, they're soft so use an impact driver to avoid stripping them.

Thanks, I figured it out a few minutes after the posting. It's difficult with the glass up and already off the car.

I'm changing the front doors of my 91 LS400 but the doorS I bought have the windows all the way up. How do I remove these windows and does anyone have the removal/installation procedures? Thanks.

You just want them rolled down, or taken out of the door? To roll them down simply connect a 9.6V or greater battery to the window motor. To remove the window it's a bit more involved. The channels the glass rides in on either side of the door have to come out as there's a roller on each side of the glass that fits into it, but the glass has to be down to get the channels out anyway, they come out from the top of the door. With it down you'll see what I mean, they're secured in the door with large head philips screws, they're soft so use an impact driver to avoid stripping them.