Oil ? / Service Manual /maintaining A 99' Es300

hern

I am a new proud owner of a 99' ES300 which runs great. I'm not very familiar with car, and I am approaching 67,500 miles for an oil change in about 500 miles. I know it takes 5w-30 but I was curious if anyone would recommend using the synthetic over the regular because I have a mid high range mileage car.

Next, I've donea search for the repair manuals on a 99 ES300 but I have only found a 2000. Is it safe to get a 2000 repair manual or would you wait and find a 99 somewhere?

Lastly, I want to do a huge inspection ie: timing belt, etc. of everything at around 80,000 miles what would everyone recommend and where would you go to get it done?

Thanks

Welcome to the club!

Yeah you can use synthetic oil, I use Mobil 1, just use a genuine Toyota oil filter (they're the best) and you'll be set.

As for the repair manual, I'd keep looking for a 99, the 00s are slightly different.

As for the major service, either call a Toyota dealer or find an independent shop that works on Toyota/Lexus

Good luck!

synthetic 5w-30 is fine. Think about going with synthetic 10w-30 (high mileage formulation) when you pass 75k miles. Mobil 1, Toyo, and K&N Gold oil filters are all very reputable.

register your car on www.lexus.com and they will send you an owners manual free.

Find a Toyota shop that is willing to work on your Lex, save a little money.

Independent Lex mechanics are around. Where are you located?

The 90k service is a big one, so start saving your ducats.

steviej