Cloudy Climate Control Display?

TopDown

Having issues with a cloudy climate control display? A common problem with some cars is the plastic surface on the climate control display can start to look a bit funky. A spritz of McGuire's NTX glass cleaner on a nice microfiber towl does nothing. Frustrated I dug into the dark recesses of my do-it-yourself detailer's cabinet and found a container "glass clay". For the uninitiated glass and body clay is this miracle stuff that when used with the associated lubricant can yield amazing results to the paint and glass of your car. When sitting behind the wheel it's like there's no glass at all! (Wolfgang or Girots are good sources). I took a pinch of clay and sprayed it with a tiny amount of lubricant then very gently went over the surface of the display several times then buffed and followed with a small amount of 303 protectorant. It looks like new! Fabulous under all lighting conditions but unsure of result duration.

• 1 month later...

Thanks- I'm going to try this- My 2005 has a smear on the Navigation Screen where one pushes the OK square every time you start the vehicle, in addition to a small discoloration on the Display.

Chuck

Thanks- I'm going to try this- My 2005 has a smear on the Navigation Screen where one pushes the OK square every time you start the vehicle, in addition to a small discoloration on the Display.

Chuck

NO NO NO! Never use anything on the nav screen. :blink:

The nav screen surface has a matte (dull) finish, if you go over it with any compound or "clay" it will make the screen shiny, and you DON'T want that.

Try using a damp cotton cloth, but nothing more...