Rx400H - Possible To Open The Rear Hatch Remotely ?

Hi,

I just purchased a 2006 Lexus RH400h yesterday. Is it possible to open the rear hatch remotely (with your key) or is it possible to open it from the interior without stepping inside? For example - arriving at the airport and need to pop it open for the guest who has hands full of laugage but you can't stop and get out of the car to help them out. I thought their would be a remote access way to open and close it or is this huge oversight something not added till later models?

Thanks.

Hi,

I just purchased a 2006 Lexus RH400h yesterday. Is it possible to open the rear hatch remotely (with your key) or is it possible to open it from the interior without stepping inside? For example - arriving at the airport and need to pop it open for the guest who has hands full of laugage but you can't stop and get out of the car to help them out. I thought their would be a remote access way to open and close it or is this huge oversight something not added till later models?

Thanks.

On the 09RX350, you have both a button on the lower left part of the dash, and a button on the remote key, that open/close the power hatch. Don't knbow for 2006. Did you check the manual??

Hi,

Thanks.

I have an 06 RX 400h...hold down the button on the key pod that reads "PWR DOOR" ,it's the lower right of the three. You might have been given the key that doesn't have that...like the type that you would give a valet and didn't have this button...but all of the second gen RXs have the auto door...I am pretty sure...anyway, I love it...it doesn't pop the hatch, it opens it. On the inside you have the power door button to open it from the drivers seat. Oh, if you do have the power button on the pod, you have to hold it for a couple of seconds until you hear a couple of beeps. Let us know....Rey

Hi,

Thanks.

I have an 06 RX 400h...hold down the button on the key pod that reads "PWR DOOR" ,it's the lower right of the three. You might have been given the key that doesn't have that...like the type that you would give a valet and didn't have this button...but all of the second gen RXs have the auto door...I am pretty sure...anyway, I love it...it doesn't pop the hatch, it opens it. On the inside you have the power door button to open it from the drivers seat. Oh, if you do have the power button on the pod, you have to hold it for a couple of seconds until you hear a couple of beeps. Let us know....Rey

Thanks very much everyone. Works perfectly!

Hi,

Thanks.

Thanks very much everyone. Works perfectly!

.. and, when the hatch is open, pressing the Pwr Door on the key or on the lower left of the dashboard will close the hatch.

I'm not certain about newer RX400hs, but my 2006 requires that all doors are unlocked before the remote can open the hatch. Perhaps this is one of the settings that are programmed when we bought the vehicle, but I don't mind as it takes just another second to hit the door unlock button twice before pressing the hatch button.

I'm not certain about newer RX400hs, but my 2006 requires that all doors are unlocked before the remote can open the hatch. Perhaps this is one of the settings that are programmed when we bought the vehicle, but I don't mind as it takes just another second to hit the door unlock button twice before pressing the hatch button.

On my 09RX350, the key remote opens the hatch whether the car is locked or not - but if you want to enter the car, you must use the 'unlock' button if the doors were previously locked. The power hatch does not unlock the doors even though it 'lifts' the hatch.