The Ride In Sc...

pablopicaso

I've just purchased a 2006 SC with only 20k miles on it (Clean carfax and a phone call to a dealer confirmed maintenance records). I've read a lot of posts here that say the ride is harsh for SC and probably worse with the Run flats. I have Bridgeston Potenza 040 on the car with very little tread wear.

What I've not seen so far in the posts from people is description "harsh ride". In my car I feel the vibrations in steering wheel when going over rough patches of the road and almost a violent jerking when going over bigger bumps. The car does drive free of vibrations or any problems on smoother roads. Is that a normal ride for this car? I used to have a BMW Z4 that was not like this at all.

Thanx

The SC430 is less a sports car and more a grand touring machine. Drivers who prefer the SC over the German automobiles are generally drawn to the quiet smooth ride and general isolation from road conditions. Precisely why the Porsche, BMW, and Mercedes dirvers don't like the car. As iolmaster points out the tires make a very noticeable difference in overall ride characteristics. I currently run the Bridgestone Turenza Surinity on a 2004 SC with outstanding results. Runflat tires are notorious for their rough ride and tendnecy to skate on uneven pavemant conditions primairly due to the stiff sidewall design.

I've just purchased a 2006 SC with only 20k miles on it (Clean carfax and a phone call to a dealer confirmed maintenance records). I've read a lot of posts here that say the ride is harsh for SC and probably worse with the Run flats. I have Bridgeston Potenza 040 on the car with very little tread wear.

What I've not seen so far in the posts from people is description "harsh ride". In my car I feel the vibrations in steering wheel when going over rough patches of the road and almost a violent jerking when going over bigger bumps. The car does drive free of vibrations or any problems on smoother roads. Is that a normal ride for this car? I used to have a BMW Z4 that was not like this at all.

Thanx

May be I exegerrated a bit about the ride and it is all relative but I just wanted other people to define what they meant by "rough" or "harsh" ride. My car is fairly smooth for the most part even on some minor bumps but the tires do shake a bit on small to mod bumps and I do feel it in the steering wheel. If thats not normal what could be wrong with it?