Owner Reviews Of Rx 300/350? Help!

Hi there everyone,

I'm in the market for a new vehicle and I have my eye on the RX 350 and the RX 450h. I was wondering if anyone could provide me with their own experience with owning either of these models of the car and whether the recent Toyota drama has affected your opinion of your car/noticed any problems with it? Does it make more sense to go with the hybrid model? I'm trying to decide between the RX or the Acura MDX, but I really like the RX. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

We just bought our RX 350 a week ago. I based the "buy" decision on reading several reviews that were all positive and found no recall notices...plus we really liked the looks & Matador Red Mica paint (which is flawless).

We are very pleased with it. Looks & drives great.

To be fair we did not drive the MDX. I would suggest driving both before you decide.

The Rx 350 is built in Ontario Canada & uses a different pedal assembly than the Toyota models generating the negative press.

Here is pic of our new ride:

386308552.jpg

I've been in both the Acura RDX and MDX suv's, and personally i don't think fit/finish and quality of materials compares to those in the Lexus. I'm still not a fan of the 010 Rx styling, but i'd still take it over the Acura.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I previously owned a 2001 RX 300, which I got CPO. I have just recently replaced it with a new 2010 RX 350

(I looked at the RX 450h, but couldn't convince myself into a hybrid). I didn't try an Acura, the closest Acura

dealer was some 40-50 miles out, but I did, and came close to buying an Audi Q5. The ride was much stiffer, ala

performance related. And I did try out an Mercedes Benz (but the interior noise was the loudest of all 3)...hmm.

I'm happy with my choice of the new RX 2010, I was pleased at the dependability of my prior vehicle, and the new

style was just fine by me. Although, I did have a tougher time finding the Truffle Mica, I was able to find one

in the greater Boston area (actually a choice of models/options, even). After a test drive, a little discussion

on price, and we closed the deal. I was very impressed with the dealership (Herb Chambers Lexus in Sharon, MA),

they had an awesome selection, a decent deal both ways, and the vehicle was ready when promised, all spiffed up.

Good Luck with your decision,

PharmGuy (Paul)