Lexus Suspends Sales Of Gx 460

latautos

This is Jerry Hirsch, a reporter at the LA Times. I am looking to interview some Lexus owners for a breaking news story on the what the sales suspension might mean to people's view of Lexus. If you own a Lexus (I have an RX 350) and you are willing to be interviewed please call me as soon as you can.. tight deadline.. at 213 237 5260. Thank you.

I love Lexus and this may be the wrong place to write this but my snooty dealership told me they don't discount GX's at all. They did me a favor because I have been trying to buy a new GX.I called all over the place and the majority of the people I talked to acted the same way. I think people will have changed views about Lexus and maybe it will bring the people that run the dealerships back to reality.

Given the increased sales activity of Toyota, I'd have to say people's perception of Toyota in general is pretty good, and view this stuff as a unique opportunity to buy one at a discount. I think that says a lot about the public's overall perception of Toyota's committment to their customers and to fix their wrong-doings. Unlike others in the past, who promised to fix the problems, only to create others, or simply bandaid the problem just long enough for the warranty to expire. Do you watch Top Gear on BBC? They just tested a new Vette, and it was actually falling apart during the test. Pieces of the cabin coming off, etc.

I do agree with batgirl though about the dealerships of late. The arrogance asosciated with them is getting pretty bad. Me personally? Honestly speaking, I'm finding harder and harder to justify the added expense of Lexus over just a normal Toyota. I'm felling the same way about Acura / Honda, and Infiniti / Nissan. I think the lines are getting too blurred between the normal badge and the upscale badge, but I'm not a badge-concious person. I'm more focus on what it does, not what it says. My thinking process is turning more towards those who offer thier top models under the same identity, like the Germans do.

I love Lexus and this may be the wrong place to write this but my snooty dealership told me they don't discount GX's at all. They did me a favor because I have been trying to buy a new GX.I called all over the place and the majority of the people I talked to acted the same way. I think people will have changed views about Lexus and maybe it will bring the people that run the dealerships back to reality.

You really luck out, you would have been stuck with a $60000 mistake. I would sent your Lexus dealer a thank you card :)

I'm probably sending you comments past your deadline, but perhaps you'll write a follow-up article in coming weeks. I have an '08 GX470 - bought it new two years ago. I like everything about it except the navigation system, and the way that the entertainment system and half of the climate control system is integrated into it. The composite system is filled with software bugs, inconsistencies, and non-existent features that are described in the owner's manual. Learning that Lexus has software bugs in its VSC system doesn't come as a surprise, as they weren't even able to design a bug-free navigation system. No doubt the system was developed by a bunch of semi-literate software hacks in Bangalore who submitted the low bid. I can provide more details if you're interested.