Considering Low-Mile 1995 Ls400

Tony1M

I am seriously considering buying a 1995 LS400 that has, believe it or not, about 48 K miles. I've verified the miles by CarFax and dealer records.

The car is a day's drive from me, so I haven't seen it yet. The seller knows where I live.

The owners' son (the person who is conducting the sale on behalf of his parents) says the vehicle's interior and exterior are "showroom condition" because it has been spending the vast majority of its life sitting a large garage. The car has never been driven in snow. The car has never been in an accident.

After I heard his description of the car, I again told the son what I meant by showroom condition - "no damage or rust of any kind; if you wash and wax the car, it looks like a new car in a showroom". He said "yes, that is exactly what the car looks like".

Now to the reason I posted. Assuming that the vehicle is in the condition claimed by the son (that is, after I personally examine the car and determine that the son's claims are true), what is the maximum I should pay for the car?

it sounds very nice, but your question is not for us to answer.

to get an idea, run a scan on craigslist in a major city near you for 95-97 LS's with low mileage.

from then on, it is what ever you can live with.....

but keep us posted. cheers

CL-Dallas: 1995 LEXUS LS400....SUPER NICE....LOADED.....111,000 MILES $7995

ebay: 1996 Lexus LS LS400, LESS THAN 40,000 ORIGINAL MILES. 11500.

to get an idea, run a scan on craigslist in a major city near you for 95-97 LS's with low mileage.

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

I'll post what happens.

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

I'll post what happens.

I recently picked up a 96 with 43k miles - similar condition although there was some very minor damage due to a garage wall scrape and the radio LCD was not working properly. I paid 5k. KBB said it was about $6k but trolling craigslist all the similar cars were going for more than $8k. Don't forget to check the radio LCD - costs about $200 to get it fixed.