Website Problems

nc211

On some threads, on my office computer "which is running an older version of Explorer, as I've seen the warnings from youtube and such", the website freezes up and crashes the internet explorer. What I can see that is happening in the status bar on the bottom of the page, is that the site is trying to load something, but never does, and it just freezes up. I can see the following:

"googleads2.g.doublclick.net/pagead/ads?client=" followed by a bunch of numbers.

Is it me? My internet explorer too old now?

Thanks!

PS: It seems to be happening on my threads the most, when I go back in to check them. It's been this way for a couple of weeks now...

Is it me?

Must be a windows thing since very aspect of the website (never crashes, remembers login, etc.) is fine on my computer - Firefox running on Snow Leopard. Mac FTW!! B) hehe I would send Steve a PM for some suggestions on what to do.

we need to establish if it crashes on the forums or the front of the website. we know the front uses flash adverts

anythng older than IE7 is not supported, microsft dont even support it.

Best browser is FF or Chrome or MAC browsers.

On IE8 I was having some issues also. So here are a few suggestions that finally worked for me.

1) On the IE8 browser, top right side, look for the tools tab. Click on it and go to compatability settings first. A new window will come up, in that window, at the very bottom, start with making sure there is NOT a check mark in "veiw all internet websites in compatability mode." - To be clear, you don't want that setting.

2) Next make sure the website is not listed in the box above also. If it is, delete it.

Sign off, and then come back to the website. If your still having crashes and freezes, then you may be having an add on conflict. I just did a browser reset as I don't really have anything in my add ons that I really need or even put there. So you can either do a full reset, or go back to tools and click on "manage add ons".

After I reset my browser and clicked off the compatability mode, I haven't had any problems since.

On some threads, on my office computer "which is running an older version of Explorer, as I've seen the warnings from youtube and such", the website freezes up and crashes the internet explorer. What I can see that is happening in the status bar on the bottom of the page, is that the site is trying to load something, but never does, and it just freezes up. I can see the following:

"googleads2.g.doublclick.net/pagead/ads?client=" followed by a bunch of numbers.

Is it me? My internet explorer too old now?

Thanks!

PS: It seems to be happening on my threads the most, when I go back in to check them. It's been this way for a couple of weeks now...

• 2 weeks later...