Finally Spent Some Time With A 2010 Ultra Luxury Model...

SW03ES

I stopped by a dealer in VA on Saturday to see a 2006 LS430 they had advertised and I was very surprised to see that they had several UL package 2010 ES350s on their lot. I have only ever seen one at a dealer in MD one time...but this dealer gets them pretty frequently.

I think this is such a nice package on the car. The new UL wheels look great, the ML audio is a big upgrade from the base car as is the panoramic roof. The leather is much better...with triple stitching like the ES always used to have! This particular car had the black interior which has contrasting saddle stitching and center seat inserts. Very sharp...

Just thought I'd share...

That particular '06 wasn't clean enough for me. Right color combo but fairly rough inside and out.

Still looking...after driving a '10 though and sitting in that UL I'm conflicted with old vs new again! I drove the ES and the 06 LS back to back and the ES is really 95% of what the LS is, the body style is a lot newer and more modern too.

At $44k for a new UL ES I can get into an '07 LS460 too...so if I've decided to spend a little more I can get something newer. Conflicted conflicted.

I think you should go for the LS460. You know you want it! If you were to get an 06 430, it wouldn't be long before you would just NEED the 460 <_<

• 3 weeks later...

430's came out 02 thru 06. which yr is better. was anything changed in 06.

LS430 was first produced for the 2001 model year. 01, 02, 03 were the same. In 04 some changes were made, 04 the same as 05 and 06. The 460 was first produced for the 07 model year.