Lexus Factory Phone

dogboy

Ok for those of you who have expressed an interest with using the Lexus factory phone options with your current phone, I have the answer. I have built several adaptor kits for the 90-95 Lexus LS400. Let me know what your interest is in this product This device will allow you to use the factory mute, H/F speaker and microphone, 12V switched power, 12V power, & ground. Also I can make kits by request that can be used with phones that do not have a car kit. As per the forum rules I am not advertising this product for sale just letting anyone that is interested know about its existence.

:cheers:

• 2 months later...

i have a built in TDMA lexus phone and i currenty use CDMA verizon mobile phones

any ideas how can i connect my cdma phone to the existing TDMA setup?

I spoke to "Dogboy" today by phone and wished him success in bringing his new product to market. It should be really cool.

I have done quite a lot of research and Dogboy is the only one I have found who has been successful in integrating a handheld cell phone with both the Lexus audio system and steering wheel phone command module.

It is not particularly difficult to install a handsfree car kit in a Lexus. Motorola and Nokia (and probably others) have a variety of nice car kits for $120 to $180. Many allow voice and speed dialing, dialing from the address book, mute your radio on an incoming or outgoing call, auto answer and hang up, and charge your phone's battery. Some have a Bluetooth interface. And these car kits don't require the use of a headset or earbud.

If you want to use a car kit, even a Bluetooth, carefully shop for a handset that is compatible with the type of car kit you want to use. Phone technology changes rapidly. If you must have the latest wiz-bang picture phone, PDA phone, or whatever new technology comes up, you will end up changing car kits every time you change phones and spend a lot more money. Car kits may never be available for specialized phones produced in low volumes. But some phone manufacturers like Nokia protect your car kit investment by continuing to introduce new phones that are compatible with their "work horse" car kits introduced back in the 90's.

Ok for those of you who have expressed an interest with using the Lexus factory phone options with your current phone, I have the answer. I have built several adaptor kits for the 90-95 Lexus LS400. Let me know what your interest is in this product This device will allow you to use the factory mute, H/F speaker and microphone, 12V switched power, 12V power, & ground. Also I can make kits by request that can be used with phones that do not have a car kit. As per the forum rules I am not advertising this product for sale just letting anyone that is interested know about its existence.

I would like the information on how to convert my LG verizon phone from my current (old) motorola that is in my 95 ls 400 now.

• 7 months later...

Hi Dogboy. I have been watching the post to see if yu had posted a website to convert my 1998 LS Verizon to other cell phone companies. Is there any updates. Thanks

Hi Dogboy. I have been watching the post to see if yu had posted a website to convert my 1998 LS Verizon to other cell phone companies. Is there any updates. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dogboy... I have a motorola v265 with Verizon Wireless and a 1995 LS400. I am interested in your kit, if you have one for above combo. Can you please contact me at idp11@yahoo.com

• 8 months later...

Hey dogboy. Please send me info on the conversion. 1993 SC400 & Treo650

vincentgarciajr@yahoo.com

Thanks

I have 92 ls w/factory phone and I would love to be able to plug in my Motorola T720!

Thanks

According to his profile, dogboy was last active on this forum "21st December 2004 - 02:22 PM".

Here is an old thread that includes information about a phone conversation I had with dogboy (a.k.a. Jeremy) in early 2004 -->

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...opic=6247&st=15

I think this idea of a converter is a good one, but I'd just bite the bullet and get a car phone from your cell phone's manufacture. Before I installed mine, I thought that it was some big, arduous task, but that's hardly the case. They can be put in well under 2 hours.

Jim, do you know if dogboy ever made any of these converters?

Hey Blake,

I think "dogboy" made a phone interface for his own car but I don't remember if he said he did. He seemed to know a lot about the LS factory phone system.

I'll probably replace our Nokia CARK-91H car kits with BlueTooth car kits when when one of the Nokia phones die - perhaps kits from Parrot.

I've been worn down by cellular providers (Cingular for us) offering a continually changing line of phones that require completely different phone kits or holders for car use.

Bluetooth may not provide all the features of the old Nokia car kits, but I guess it is going to have to be close enough.

Jim

Hey Dogboy,

I realize that your original post was over a year ago, but people seem to still reply to it. I have a 1990 LS400 with the factory phone. I am currently using a Verizon Razr V3 cell phone. What kits can you recommend? Thanks

-Ayan

• 10 months later...

Hey Dogboy,

I realize that your original post was over a year ago, but people seem to still reply to it. I have a 1990 LS400 with the factory phone. I am currently using a Verizon Razr V3 cell phone. What kits can you recommend? Thanks

-Ayan

Same Situation,

Just purchased a 94 LS400 with original console "GI JOE" brick we used to call a phone. Looking for any advice on adapter(s) that will allow me to plug in my LG AX4270 and the factory installed features will work.

Same Situation,

Just purchased a 94 LS400 with original console "GI JOE" brick we used to call a phone. Looking for any advice on adapter(s) that will allow me to plug in my LG AX4270 and the factory installed features will work.

I think it is safe to say that no one has found a way to truly integrate a non-Lexus phone into the old non-Bluetooth Lexus phone systems. I've spend hundreds of hour researching this question.

Do some searching on this forum and you will find quite few threads about deinstalling the Lexus phone system and installing aftermarket traditional and Bluetooth phone kits. About the best you can do is to make an aftermarket phone kit mute your radio when a call is in progress.

But I have not seen much (or anything, for that matter) in aftermarket phone kits for LG phones. The LG AX4270 appears to be non-Bluetooth so a Bluetooth kit isn't going to do you any good.