2006 Rx 400H No Telephone Voice Commands.

My, just purchased, 2006 RX 400H does not list any telephone commands on the Voice Command Help Screen, and attempting "dial by name" or "dial by number" results is, mostly, POI interpretations. All the other voice command functions are present and all the ones I have tried have worked ( with some misunderstood commands, for some comic relief). I searched many threads about phone problems, but none of those solutions have worked. I don't have an edit contact screen ( or at least haven't been able to find it) as one thread suggested.

Is there a way to update the firmware for the NAV and not just the map database (version 4.2 on the car)?

TIA for any help or insights

Jay

My, just purchased, 2006 RX 400H does not list any telephone commands on the Voice Command Help Screen, and attempting "dial by name" or "dial by number" results is, mostly, POI interpretations. All the other voice command functions are present and all the ones I have tried have worked ( with some misunderstood commands, for some comic relief). I searched many threads about phone problems, but none of those solutions have worked. I don't have an edit contact screen ( or at least haven't been able to find it) as one thread suggested.

Is there a way to update the firmware for the NAV and not just the map database (version 4.2 on the car)?

Jay

Hi, I too just purchased the same car. I had my dealer install the iphone so I don't know how to do it, but you might want to have the dealer/seller set that up for you? They wized through the screens so I never would have figured it out. But I do notice the voice commands are way off. Saying "Auto A/C on" comes back with "Turning audio system on."

• 2 weeks later...

Jay

Hi, I too just purchased the same car. I had my dealer install the iphone so I don't know how to do it, but you might want to have the dealer/seller set that up for you? They wized through the screens so I never would have figured it out. But I do notice the voice commands are way off. Saying "Auto A/C on" comes back with "Turning audio system on."

I've had similar problems w/ my 2006 400h and have essentially given up on voice commands altogether. i'm sorry I don't have any answers but misery loves company! If anyone has even general info on voice commands I'd like to hear them. Thanks.

Jay

Are you saying that if you hit the cars phone button, you have voice dial with your Iphone?