Low Idle

killerFatty

This is unlike any IACV or ignition coil problem I've seen. My car drives fine and dandy but when it's fully warmed up and I stop, weither it be at a traffic light or whatever, my idle drops to between 300-500 RPM. IT's still smooth and accelerates just fine. It has never died or had iradic surges up and down like an IACV would cause. It has been doing this for a while now, but I just got around to thinking about it while on LOC. Also one other thing, when my car has been parked in the sun all day, It take a good three or four seconds of cranking before starting, but then runs great. Normally on a cooler morning start, or if she is warmed up and I turn her off, it takes less than a second to start. This seems really weird to me so hopefully you guys have some insight.

This is unlike any IACV or ignition coil problem I've seen. My car drives fine and dandy but when it's fully warmed up and I stop, weither it be at a traffic light or whatever, my idle drops to between 300-500 RPM. IT's still smooth and accelerates just fine. It has never died or had iradic surges up and down like an IACV would cause. It has been doing this for a while now, but I just got around to thinking about it while on LOC. Also one other thing, when my car has been parked in the sun all day, It take a good three or four seconds of cranking before starting, but then runs great. Normally on a cooler morning start, or if she is warmed up and I turn her off, it takes less than a second to start. This seems really weird to me so hopefully you guys have some insight.

Pinch off the vacuum lines going to the power steering pump,your idle control valve on the pump might be starting to leak.Than look at all vacuum lines and fittings for leakage.

Dirty throttle body? Idle control is a closed loop system. If ecu detects low idle it speeds up engine via opening IACV valve. Things that could undermine that operation are vacuum leaks (disconnected or broken hoses or any leak in ducting after MAF), dirty throttle plate (not allowing nominal leakage at closed throttle), or dirt or faulty MAF not able to sense low airflow levels properly.

Lastly are you sure rpms are low or is the tach reading in error (sticky needle on dial). Maybe confirm with a tach or OBM tool.