P0155

sg60

Heated Oxygen sensor failure....Could have a bad wire or open heater circuit. Not sure about the 2003 whether it has two sensors on bank 2 (front side of engine) The 99 on has one. Try unhooking the battery for ten minutes and reconnect to clear code and see if it comes back...If you do replace stick with Original equipment only sensors (Denso)

Heated Oxygen sensor failure....Could have a bad wire or open heater circuit. Not sure about the 2003 whether it has two sensors on bank 2 (front side of engine) The 99 on has one. Try unhooking the battery for ten minutes and reconnect to clear code and see if it comes back...If you do replace stick with Original equipment only sensors (Denso)

i did delete the code with my el-cheapo scan tool.it came right back. would this be to disconect battery pole to delete? where would this heater be?aren't they built into the sensor?

i know on my honda there was 4 wires on the sensor, evidently 2 for heater & 2 to operate the sensor signal,can you give me more detailes on checking this?I had herd the 9volts the meter uses the rung out the ohms circut could damage the sensor.

ok, i saw your link, yes this answers my question, i'm at 100,000 i should just start changing them, my local toyota dealer may be able to help me, the lexus dealer is much further. Thanks for you help

i know on my honda there was 4 wires on the sensor, evidently 2 for heater & 2 to operate the sensor signal,can you give me more detailes on checking this?I had herd the 9volts the meter uses the rung out the ohms circut could damage the sensor.

You don't have to worry about damaging the sensor if all you're testing is the heater. How much voltage do you think the heater uses to get to about 1200-1400 Degrees? Just do a continuity test, that's all you need to do on a heater. It's the 2 black wires, pretty simple, don't even have to worry about what you hook to what, it's just continuity. You're not testing the other 2 wires, just the 2 black wires.