My New Baby!

landar

Pulled the trigger today on a new (to me) '02 LS430. Found this right in my "backyard". A farmer had this tucked away in his "barn" (modern garage) and only drove it on nice days.

To tell you the truth, I am not even quite sure(option-wise) what I have here, but it is darn near immaculate. A real cream puff. 2002 LS430 with 13,688 miles. The guy told me he

never drove it in the winter. I believe him. This thing is like brand-spanking new. Even smells new. The seats don't show any wear. Probably the closest I will ever get w/o going new. It even has the original tires. Price?

He wanted $26k. I gave him $19k for it. Might have overpaid slightly but less than the $70k new price. I could not resist. Back in the Lex saddle!

post-41820-127093443257_thumb.jpg

post-41820-127093445409_thumb.jpg

post-41820-127093460943_thumb.jpg

post-41820-127093466705_thumb.jpg

:) WOW! white leather seats...pluuussshhhh!

They are tan. The camera flash must have washed them out. Still, amazing condition. The leather is the solid, non-perforated type. Heated front and rear.

That's a beautiful car, and just think - from the angst of the accident you've now got a magnificent replacement, due entirely to your diligence. Well done!

Wow, very nice! Love the color! ;) It's always hard to figure a fair price on a car with either really low or really high miles since they don't come around too often, but $19k "seems" like an ok deal considering the ridiculously low mileage. I think it might be a modern lux (which I think is essentially a base car with nav and ML) package?

That's a beautiful car, and just think - from the angst of the accident you've now got a magnificent replacement, due entirely to your diligence. Well done!

Thanks. The "pain" of the accident is fading and every time I get in this LS430, I feel like a kid at Christmas. I got a good price for my wrecked LS400 and this LS430 just feels like a very nice car. More refined than my 98 even though the 98 was stellar. I am staying with the LS primarily for the value and the safety. What a vehicle. My recent accident shows exactly why you want to be wrapped in this kind of protection.

Very, very nice!

Figure out what you have and let us know!: http://www.lexus.com/contact/pdf/2002/2002LSspecs.pdf

Do I see a steering wheel control for the dealer installed "dual mode" phone system? If so, you may want to reprogram the front left side steering wheel control back to controlling the audio system if that hasn't already been done -- I've got the instructions on how to do it somewhere.

Heck, I just want the trunk space of your LS430. It's freakin' huge. A small family could live it it.

Congratulations on your find.

Very, very nice!

Figure out what you have and let us know!: http://www.lexus.com/contact/pdf/2002/2002LSspecs.pdf

Do I see a steering wheel control for the dealer installed "dual mode" phone system? If so, you may want to reprogram the front left side steering wheel control back to controlling the audio system if that hasn't already been done -- I've got the instructions on how to do it somewhere.

Heck, I just want the trunk space of your LS430. It's freakin' huge. A small family could live it it.

Congratulations on your find.

Thanks for the link. Looks like it has the NL package for one (Nav, Levinson, Heated F/R seats, moonroof). I could not believe my ears when I turned up the audio. Never had a system that nice. Impressive. Not sure about the phone system but if so, is it some outdated hands-free thing?

It also has some kind of built-in RADAR detector system. Looks possibly dealer installed. Detector on front bumper and indicators top of dash console.

As concerns the trunk...yes it is large and there is an access panel from the rear seat to the trunk. Is that for fetching a cold one? ;)

Not sure about the phone system but if so, is it some outdated hands-free thing?

It also has some kind of built-in RADAR detector system. Looks possibly dealer installed. Detector on front bumper and indicators top of dash console.

Jainla is the expert on the 01-02 LS430 phone systems that used a special version of the Touchpoint 2200 phone from Sprint. I remember people trying to use generic Touchpoint 2200 phones with the Lexus system but they didn't work because they didn't have the required special software.

The attached document is about installing the European GSM dual mode phone in the early LS430 but it has instructions towards the end on how to reprogram the steering wheel channel/mode switch back to controlling the audio system. It also shows the location of components in case you want to remove the phone system. Jaila posted detailed instructions on installing a Parrot Bluetooth phone kit in his 01 LS430; there are now interface harnesses that make it easier.

If your new LS430 doesn't already have one, you might want to also look into iPod/etc. interfaces from VAIS. You have sooo many options for interfacing gadgets with your LS430 which couldn't be done on your 98 LS400.

The Lexus dealer installed radar detector systems I've seen have been from K-40: http://www.k40.com/ Google "LS430 K-40" and you will find information.

LS430 Europe Cellular Mobile Phone English P7F3-W-en-F.pdf

Awesome! Overpaid? I think $19,000 for that car in that condition is an absolute steal! Just think of what kind of new car you could have bought for $19,000 and you'll feel incredible about the value.

You have the "Nav/Lev" package, Navigation and Mark Levinson. 04+ it was called the "Modern Luxury Package" That car was $64,000 new...

Yeah, you are absolutely right, SW03ES. Where else do I get this kind of quality and almost showroom new for $19k? A friend of mine just bought a brand new Hyundai Sonata for $15k. In a nice way, I tried to tell him what would happen in an accident and how he could have a nice used Lexus for about the same price. Apparently not for him. All my friends just marvel at how I can pick up these nice cars yet dont seem to think that they themselves can own a Lexus. The logic escapes me. They have access to the newspaper, craigslist, ebay and other media just as I do. Most people view a Lexus as a nice car but not affordable. I view a Lexus as one of the best deals around. The value is incredible.

This is one of those creme puffs that pops up very infrequently and you have to have the cash to deal and know when to jump on it. Heck, I could probably stick this on Ebay right now and get $19.5k for it! :o :D

Yeah, you are absolutely right, SW03ES. Where else do I get this kind of quality and almost A friend of mine just bought a brand new Hyundai Sonata for $15k. In a nice way, I tried to tell him what would happen in an accident and how he could have a nice used Lexus for about the same price.

To be fair to your friend, the Sonata is a great and very safe car. I would undoubtedly buy a Sonata over say a Camry. Even though the used LS may be similar in cost...they aren't cheap to maintain and repair...and the Sonata has a nice long warranty...

To be fair to your friend, the Sonata is a great and very safe car. I would undoubtedly buy a Sonata over say a Camry. Even though the used LS may be similar in cost...they aren't cheap to maintain and repair...and the Sonata has a nice long warranty...

Did not know that. I will have to add Hyundai to my list of safe and reliable cars. Thanks.

Just for fun you should pop by a Hyundai dealer and drive a Genesis. Hyundai is really making some great cars and in a lot of ways I think many of their models are better built than their Toyota or Honda counterparts.

nice nice nice, glad to have you back

Like you said Billy, it all worked out for the best! I hope I can resist putting this one into the side of a truck. :lol:

And I am some day hoping to put 200k on a Lexus. Maybe in kilometers? That'll be close enuff. :whistles:

Just for fun you should pop by a Hyundai dealer and drive a Genesis. Hyundai is really making some great cars and in a lot of ways I think many of their models are better built than their Toyota or Honda counterparts.

One of my interests is test driving cars, I drove the Genesis when it first came out, I was amazed at its lack of NVH. How it's made is something to be explored. It's does not give you the refinement of a Lexus LS but sure beats the ES.