Sign in to follow this  
brespect1

1993 Gs300 Run Rough

My GS300 has been running rough I pulled the codes and got back code 31 which is MAF senser. I bought just the senser on ebay and still have the same code. I tried cleaning my old one and destroyed it. Now I am doing a valve cover repacement and changing plugs. Just waiting on parts. I need help figuring out the code 31. I had some oil in # 6 and 5 on top of the spark plugs.

You have to be absolutely sure the new MAF sensor is working properly and within ECU specs for your car, as the error code points to a low voltage reading. Perhaps it's a sensor unit for a LS400, although I'm not sure if these are interchangeable. Try reading the output with a voltmeter (this should fluctuate when you rev the motor) to exclude a bad connection with MAF harness/wiring.

You have to be absolutely sure the new MAF sensor is working properly and within ECU specs for your car, as the error code points to a low voltage reading. Perhaps it's a sensor unit for a LS400, although I'm not sure if these are interchangeable. Try reading the output with a voltmeter (this should fluctuate when you rev the motor) to exclude a bad connection with MAF harness/wiring.

Well I will do that when I put the car back together parts for valve cover gasget won't be in until monday. The part # did match the old MAF. I would hate to have to buy a new one.