Black/gray 2-Tone Paint Change

Marklouis

I would really like to change my 2-tone paint scheme to all Black - the 2-tone is just getting too old school for me and i like the solid color look on the LS's - any opinions or do's and dont's about this??

I did to my 99 LS here is a pix for you..

post-112259-127077751686_thumb.jpg

I would really like to change my 2-tone paint scheme to all Black - the 2-tone is just getting too old school for me and i like the solid color look on the LS's - any opinions or do's and dont's about this??

Just lots of prep. I hated the two tone look too, I have a '92 but I spent a few months tracking down the newer 1994 lower door and rocker mouldings and repainted it all in black, looks light years better, much like the LS430 (I have the 18" Sport wheels on it too). We wet sanded all the parts since they were different colors, primed, then painted them all off the car, this allowed me to remove the chrome trim strip on each piece so I didn't have to mask it off. If you plan on removing the door, fender, and quarter pieces, prepare to order the plastic clips that secure them, they typically break or don't hold their shape once removed. I spent nearly $100 at the dealer on the numerous fasteners needed but everything fits tight and it didn't require a bunch of tape at least.

thanks fellas - sweeet black 99 ya got there, you have achieved the deep wet look nicely.

I will have to remember to be careful with the propriatary fasteners when i start removing the gray panels - Good tip.

after the fresh paint and leather, rims and treads next hopefully - planning to keep this ride for a good minute.