1997 Ls 400 Brake Question

pondfisher

The brake wear instrument panel light came on today on my 97 LS400. Does anyone know how long I have to replace the pads. I don't want to wait but I might have to wait a couple of days till this weekend if possible. Also is there a rule of thumb in the appearance of the rotors to warrant replacing them too?

I don't think there will be a problem if you wait a few days. On the rotors, unless there are some deep scrapes or they are really not very smooth, I would'nt worry about the rotors too much. If the rotors are getting pretty bad, you will feel a bit of a wobble when coming to a stop. I was looking at a coupon the other day that talked about replacing brake pads and then scraping the rotors for free. Something to look into.

My wife just returned home with the car and said the brake pad indicator light went out a few minutes after it came on. I suspect that it will come back in a day or two after more braking and stopping.

If you wait you will have to replace the sensor as it will wear though the wire in the sensor.

My wife just returned home with the car and said the brake pad indicator light went out a few minutes after it came on. I suspect that it will come back in a day or two after more braking and stopping.

If you wait you will have to replace the sensor as it will wear though the wire in the sensor.

I don't want to do that. Where is the sensor wire located at on the brakes?

Thanks and I really appreciate the help. My Mom is really sick and I need to go and see her tomorrow before I do anything else. I will get on the repair as soon as I can hopefully late tomorrow or at least in a couple of days.

Thanks and I really appreciate the help. My Mom is really sick and I need to go and see her tomorrow before I do anything else. I will get on the repair as soon as I can hopefully late tomorrow or at least in a couple of days.

Just did the rear brakes on a LS430 03 and the right rear brakes had a sensor on too.