New (Used) Lexus Owner, Iphone/nav System Integration Question

Hello,

I just purchased a 2006 RX400H. I've never had a Lexus before and I have to say, I am enjoying the upgrade :) I believe the 2006 only has the generation 4 nav system, correct? I have an iPhone and am looking into how to integrate it with the vehicle. I've been reading threads in this forum all day, and from what I've read the best solution would be a SoundLinQ2 SL2Vi . Unfortunately, this device does not fully integrate with the gen 4 nav system. The music data/text - track title, artist, etc - will only display on the radio LCD screen, not the nav screen. It will play video on the screen, but I can't view and navigate through my music using the touch screen. I'm really bummed about this. Forgive my ignorance - as I said, I'm new to the Lexus world and well, luxury cars in general (I've always been a 4Runner kind of girl) so this kind of technology is foreign to me - but can the nav system be upgraded to a generation 5? If so..how do I go about doing this and if so how much does that cost?

• 2 months later...