Average Cost To Change Valve Cover Gaskets On My 93 Es300?

hi just simply would like opinions on what would be an average range of price from a mechanic to change my valve cover gaskets on my 93 es300.i was told when i got my oil done that they were slightly leaking.any and all info would be greatly appreciated thank you

hi just simply would like opinions on what would be an average range of price from a mechanic to change my valve cover gaskets on my 93 es300.i was told when i got my oil done that they were slightly leaking.any and all info would be greatly appreciated thank you

for my 95 es300 i was quoted around 450-650. our engines should be the same i believe 1mzfe from 92-96 but i'm not sure. But yea they try to charge you a lot for that. But honestly it doesn't seem that hard of a job. I never got around to doing mine I was getting a tune up at the time and the mechanic decided to do it for me without asking me but only charged me 100 added on the work he was already doing.

If you want to read about the valve cover job I suggest going to this link. http://www.wjowsa.com/?p=30 basically its a good how to do it yourself tutorial. I'll have to follow it this weekend when i take off my intake manifold so i can check my knock sensor. hope this helps.

Expect to pay between $300-500. A lot of stuff has to come off to change the rear valve cover gaskets. If they aren't leaking you can just change the front ones which is pretty easy to do and you can even do it yourself.

since your not doing the work yourself you might as well get the spark plugs changed while he is back their and the pcv valve if it hasn't been changed in a while it will be cheaper in the long run. My pcv valve is on the back valve cover also. I don't know if yours is . I have a 94 es300