Update On Oil Leak On New Es350

K.C. Dia

This is an update on the oil leak thread I started. I wanted to post a picture and wasn't sure it would go the old thread. My wife took my Lexus to the dealer today as I could not take off of work. My worst fears. Dealer said nothing was wrong! All seals were tight and no sign of an oil leak. They showed my wife the underside of the car and she said it was spotless. After three months, I don't believe the undercarriage would be spotless. I wonder if they found their screw up, corrected it, and then steam clean the underside in a CYA maneuver. They had no explanation for the attached photo which shows the oil leaks which only showed up after the 5000 mile oil change. The leaks are from three to six inches apart and run the full legnth of the garage. Any explanations or thoughts from you guys? Hope the attachment works.

This is an update on the oil leak thread I started. I wanted to post a picture and wasn't sure it would go the old thread. My wife took my Lexus to the dealer today as I could not take off of work. My worst fears. Dealer said nothing was wrong! All seals were tight and no sign of an oil leak. They showed my wife the underside of the car and she said it was spotless. After three months, I don't believe the undercarriage would be spotless. I wonder if they found their screw up, corrected it, and then steam clean the underside in a CYA maneuver. They had no explanation for the attached photo which shows the oil leaks which only showed up after the 5000 mile oil change. The leaks are from three to six inches apart and run the full legnth of the garage. Any explanations or thoughts from you guys? Hope the attachment works.

Attachment didn't work. Thought I followed the instructions.

For what its worth the underside looks pretty spotless for much longer than 3 months...

Could be a lot of things, they could have spilled oil all over the shield in front and its just dribbling out...