94 Es300 Power Steering Fluid Everywhere

Hi,

I took my car in for brake work to NTB and they found that my PS fluid was empty. They convinced me that a flush and fill might save the rack. I noticed several weeks later that the level had gone down again, the reservoir was empty, so I topped it off with PS fluid, which is what the filled it with. My question is, could this be leaking from the low pressure side of the system, rather than the pump? Does the car needed ATF instead of PS fluid? Thanks

Wow had the same problem except i just seen it every where not paid to be told.. ouch :chairshot: but at lase you know... well i can tell you you may need to replace your power steering hose I got mine from autozone paid like 60.00 for it took it some where paid like 70.00 put on this is not a simple job to do so pay some one to do it but i got a little bad news to add sorry :cries: while your power steering is leaking it could leak right on your arm bushing causing it to go bad soon so you might have to replace that and also i learnt when you run your car like that with out any fluid in there for so long inside your engine can make some gaskets to crack so watch out for that as well ... but you can add seal conditioners when you change your oil and really if you look at your power steering cap you find it dont really use power steering fluid it preferr to use, you ready for this... :unsure: transmission fluid the same kind you put in the transmission...yes i know that sounds weird but look on the cap it tell you use Deacron 2 so i hope this helps ;)

Wow had the same problem except i just seen it every where not paid to be told.. ouch :chairshot: but at lase you know... well i can tell you you may need to replace your power steering hose I got mine from autozone paid like 60.00 for it took it some where paid like 70.00 put on this is not a simple job to do so pay some one to do it but i got a little bad news to add sorry :cries: while your power steering is leaking it could leak right on your arm bushing causing it to go bad soon so you might have to replace that and also i learnt when you run your car like that with out any fluid in there for so long inside your engine can make some gaskets to crack so watch out for that as well ... but you can add seal conditioners when you change your oil and really if you look at your power steering cap you find it dont really use power steering fluid it preferr to use, you ready for this... :unsure: transmission fluid the same kind you put in the transmission...yes i know that sounds weird but look on the cap it tell you use Deacron 2 so i hope this helps ;)

• 3 weeks later...

As an update, the shop told me I had a bad PS pump and a bad hose, but they could not get the parts. I ordered the parts online, and they installed them. After picking up the car, by the time I got home, the PS reservoir was almost empty (2 miles!) I took it back in, and they told me it was another hose, which they could not get. I ordered it online (I thought) but it was the same one they had replaced. Today I'm going to the Lexus dealer, who say they were able to get the part for me ($199), so hopefully this saga will end today.