Gold Ls400 Trunk Badge

SLORICK

My 1994 LS400 does not have one on the right lip, only the circular L in the middle and L-E-X-U-S on the left lip.

However, I have seen some WITH a "L-S-4-0-0" badge on the right lip.

What year did they start adding that?

I want to retrofit one to my 94, anyone done that?

Are they costly? What is a good source? Junkyard?

How do I attach? Drill holes? Glue?

My 1994 LS400 does not have one on the right lip, only the circular L in the middle and L-E-X-U-S on the left lip.

95 was the first year to have the "L-S-4-0-0" badge on the right rear.

the easiest way I have found to remove them is to use a piece of nylon fishing line to "saw" the double sided stick on tape that holds them on. It also helps to know where the guide pins are, because you cant "saw" through them with nylon. and you will need to drill the guide holes or remove the pins from your badges. It is possible that some badges may not have the pins, but all I have ever seen do have them. the factory double sided tape is an easy way to hold them on, but I have been told some have used glue.

good luck on yours... hope this helps..

HERE ARE SOME LINKS TO THE ITEM YOU WANT...FROM EBAY! THE FIRST LINK IS FOR AN OEM PART FROM A JUNKED CAR...THE SECOND LINK IS FOR AN NEW (AFTERMARKET) EMBLEM....THE SECOND OPTION IS THE ONE I USED FOR MY 1990 LS400 AND IT LOOKS GREAT....COMES WITH DOUBLE SIDED TAPE.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-92-93-94-95-LEXUS-LS-400-LS400-TRUNK-EMBLEM-OEM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2559132b5cQQitemZ160408218460QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS-LS400-CHROME-TRUNK-EMBLEM-90-91-92-93-94-95-96-00_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a060b6ca7QQitemZ180490038439QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Hey thanks Marion, I just went on and ordered one.

:cheers: Glad I could help!

The ebay says used this means you will have to clean off the adhesive and put on new double sided tape. the RC car guys have a thin double side tape that works good. If the used emblem has the !Removed! on it I would not drill holes just cut them off just be careful to put it on straight, those holes are just for alignment. the LS 460's do not have holes.

Hey thanks Marion, I just went on and ordered one.

:cheers: Glad I could help!

The ebay says used this means you will have to clean off the adhesive and put on new double sided tape. the RC car guys have a thin double side tape that works good. If the used emblem has the !Removed! on it I would not drill holes just cut them off just be careful to put it on straight, those holes are just for alignment. the LS 460's do not have holes.

I just replaced my factory Gold emblem package yesterday with a new chrome one (my mags are chrome and the gold no longer looked good with my burgandy body color), and yup, it took about a half hour of labor with a rotary buffing wheel (for removal of the glue without stripping paint). The center "L" badge took the longest. The gold pieces did have the alignment pins, the chrome kit did not. The adhesive backing tape made it easy to install. Looks MUCH better now.

the RC guys? what is a good double sides tape to use to attach these?

If it is used you need to remove the old tape and put new on. I have used tape from the local hobby shop, the RC guys use it to mount the parts to the cars. RC = remote control..

• 2 months later...