2001 Rx300

bobbyt

2001 rx 300 works fine if I give it a little gas but if I push the pedal down it acts like its flooding out and cant get over 45miles an hr.. The car sputters and you have to let off the gas. Could this be a throttle control problem?

2001 rx 300 works fine if I give it a little gas but if I push the pedal down it acts like its flooding out and cant get over 45miles an hr.. The car sputters and you have to let off the gas. Could this be a throttle control problem?

Do you mean an IACV problem? Shouldn't be idle air control valve at that speed. That only deals with idle. Do you have a scanner, and if you do I'd scan it to see if you have any pending codes, since you didn't say anything about a CEL (check engine light) Give us some more details about history of the problem.

ok I had the year wrong its a 99. Here is my original post."My daughter has a 99 rx 300 and i have just replaced all 6 ignition coils, plugs, and both ocv valves. Now i get codes 1300,1305,1310,1315,1320,1325 and 1349. I had to rotate the bank 1 ocv shaft 180 degrees to make it run half way decent. Miss fires on 1,3,5 if i dont. Could my timming be 180 out? At my wits end! Please help if possible! ". Took it to a local mechanic and he says I need a new engine. It actually ran better before I replaced the 6 coil packs even though 2 were bad.