Deactivate Seatbelt Chime...

Congrats, you are the 10,000th person who has asked this.

No, there is no way unless you snip some wires behind the dash and potentially create other problems in the process. Why not ignor the chime or fasten you seat belt?

Is there any way to disable the seatbelt chime on the 2008 RX 350? I'd like to be able to drive out of my garage (3 floors up) without it going off. Thanks

1) Turn the car ON but do not start the engine, keep foot off brake. Cycle your trip reset button until it reads ODO. Turn ignition back OFF and wait a few seconds.

2) Make sure seatbelt is not fastened.

3)Turn the ignition back ON, but do not start the car, keep foot off brake. As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset button and do a long 12 second count.

4)Keep your finger on the trip reset button! Fasten your seat belt. As soon as you fasten your seat belt you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on". At that time take your finger off of the trip reset button and press it again. It should cycle to "b-off". Turn off ignition and you are done.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to disable the seatbelt chime on the 2008 RX 350? I'd like to be able to drive out of my garage (3 floors up) without it going off. Thanks

1) Turn the car ON but do not start the engine, keep foot off brake. Cycle your trip reset button until it reads ODO. Turn ignition back OFF and wait a few seconds.

3)Turn the ignition back ON, but do not start the car, keep foot off brake. As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset button and do a long 12 second count.

4)Keep your finger on the trip reset button! Fasten your seat belt. As soon as you fasten your seat belt you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on". At that time take your finger off of the trip reset button and press it again. It should cycle to "b-off". Turn off ignition and you are done.

Will this procedure work on a 2009?

Thanks

Can anyone confirm this on a 2007-2009 RX?

Yes, it does!. Have you tried?

I did it, but what alarms me now is that the Passenger Airbag is showing as disabled on the dash. Does anyone else have that issue as well?

If it's a matter of a stupid chime or airbag, I'm taking the airbag any day of the week. Anyone else have this issue?

I tried this on my 2010 RX and I could not get it to work. Now my daytime running light dashboard indicator light does not come on when my daytime lights are on!

I dont think this procedure works for the 2010 RX350. Are you sure you have a DRL light on the dash?

• 4 weeks later...

I tried this on my 2010 RX and I could not get it to work. Now my daytime running light dashboard indicator light does not come on when my daytime lights are on!

I dont think this procedure works for the 2010 RX350. Are you sure you have a DRL light on the dash?

My mistake.... i swore i did !

• 5 years later...

Hello. I wanna help. I tried, the methon on my Rx400h, but doesn't work. I turned the car(don'T start engine), set display to ODO, turn off the ignition, wait 5 sec, turn on, press and hold ODO button for 12 sec, turn on the seat belt, and the display shows "Seat Belt buzzer: On", I pressed the ODO button to change OFF, and wait to disappear the label. Turn off the ignition, and turn on, and again shows the "warning" on screen. What do I do wrong? Thanks!