Adding/purchasing Factory Options In Used Gs460

Does anyone know if its possible to purchase or have a local dealer install options that a used 08 GS460 that I may buy didn't come with from the factory.

Will the dealership do this? Example: Pre Collosion System (the radar), Intuitive Park Assist, Power Rear Shade or Mark Levinson Stereo Upgrade

Thx

Does anyone know if its possible to purchase or have a local dealer install options that a used 08 GS460 that I may buy didn't come with from the factory.

Will the dealership do this? Example: Pre Collosion System (the radar), Intuitive Park Assist, Power Rear Shade or Mark Levinson Stereo Upgrade

Thx

I won't say it's impossible but I doubt if you will find a dealer who would try anything like this. For one thing, cars without options usually don't have the wiring for them since wiring looms are usually manufactured with only the connectors for the options a car has. Besides installing an option, if it could be done at all, would likely cost many times the value of the option on a used car.

For example, I've seen several people try to add factory HID to a 98 LS400 with the standard halogen headlights. The HID option was only $500 in 1998. The new price of the parts needed to retrofit HID headlights is at least $2,000 and that doesn't include the portions of the wiring harness for the front and rear suspension sensors which are not available separately but are part of a much larger wiring harness that is available for collision repair.

I saw one local guy spend thousands of dollars in 1990 to have a fully adjustable front passenger seat from a right hand drove U.K. market LS400 added to his new 1990 LS400 -- this was back when the passenger seat cushion adjusted only forward and backward and not up and down. He certainly provided that an unlimited amount of cash could get things down. The local Lexus dealer actually did the work but that was in the early days and I doubt if they would try that now.

I recommend being patient and finding a car with the options you want.