Replace 3Rd Brake Light

yank30265

how do I replace the bulb in the 3rd brakelight(highmount). Alldata says to remove the subwoofer tray but dosent tell u how. I dont have a speaker in there but i need to get inside to get the bulb. I also found two brown wires going to the speaker area that were cut any idea where they go?

I had a 90 LS for over 13 years and replaced the high mounted stop light bulbs a couple of times. If I remember correctly all you have to do is pry up the front edge of the speaker cover/light assembly and the whole thing will pop out. Flip it over to change the bulb. Reinstall by snapping the assembly back down.

As far as I know, mine has the original bulb. I think I have only had a couple bulbs go out ever but the one that was the worst was the fog light bulb. $30 special order from dealer, nobody else had it.

I had a 90 LS for over 13 years and replaced the high mounted stop light bulbs a couple of times. If I remember correctly all you have to do is pry up the front edge of the speaker cover/light assembly and the whole thing will pop out. Flip it over to change the bulb. Reinstall by snapping the assembly back down.

What he said. Pry up and slide forward. 10 seconds.