Rx330 Fwd Differential

eong

A Lexus Dealer in Grapevine, TX replaced my Transmission Fluid and Differential Fluid for my 04 RX330 FWD. From the many discussions I read in this forum, I understand that for FWD, the differential fluid is integrated into transmission and shared the same fluid. The question is why this Lexus dealer charged me separately for the differential fluid? Are they charged double for the same work?

A Lexus Dealer in Grapevine, TX replaced my Transmission Fluid and Differential Fluid for my 04 RX330 FWD. From the many discussions I read in this forum, I understand that for FWD, the differential fluid is integrated into transmission and shared the same fluid. The question is why this Lexus dealer charged me separately for the differential fluid? Are they charged double for the same work?

I have same question btw. I asked them about to changed fluid in diff and transfer case, and they have quote me 235 bucks, saying it's fwd, rear diff and transfer case. I'm like what?

If is is front wheel drive you have no differential....just a transfer case which shares the transmission fluid....I know on the RX300 their is a drain plug for that transfer case seperate from the transmission pan, but it is filled when you fill the transmission fluid....

My invoice even stated replace differential fluid with gear lube. I don’t know where the gear lube go for FWD. I’m hoping more Lexus owners that have the same question expand this thread.