Y Is This Forum So Dead!?

Ive been a member for about a year . just got my first car last dec . my question is isnt this a place where people should get help from fellow lexus owners ? more experience car owners? i leave a thread asking a serious question come back day in and day out and find out that its got hundreds of views but no replies why is that ? nobody is friendly enough to give out some information one is seeking for? If this isnt that thread where i can get help on certain questions i have can someone please point me to where that website is because this is ridiculous 1 reply per 50-100 views on a simple questions ?.... forget my grammar im kind of *BLEEP*ed right now that no one likes to help on here .

I am always here to help ;) This Forum is conservative, Mature, Accurate, Stock (OEM) And very helpful, Friendly etc... etc...

One will find more activity on sites like clublexus, I am a member on there forums and haven't visited in at least 2 years, It's just not my type of forum, I like it here and always will. Shop around and find something that fits YOUR style. Maybe it is the Topic content or the information you seek has been covered so many times members think if you search around you'll find the answer, Which you probably will. Stick around and be patient. Happy Easter !!! :cheers:

Ive been a member for about a year . just got my first car last dec . my question is isnt this a place where people should get help from fellow lexus owners ? more experience car owners? i leave a thread asking a serious question come back day in and day out and find out that its got hundreds of views but no replies why is that ? nobody is friendly enough to give out some information one is seeking for? If this isnt that thread where i can get help on certain questions i have can someone please point me to where that website is because this is ridiculous 1 reply per 50-100 views on a simple questions ?.... forget my grammar im kind of *BLEEP*ed right now that no one likes to help on here .

Perhaps you are being too hasty in your judgment of the members on this site. The members tend to only respond if there is something additional and positive that they can contribute. That is not the case on many other forums. Dodge Ram pick-up owners and Lexus owner may react differently to the same stimulus.

It is possible that the people viewing do not have the answers that you are seeking for your model. Others, like me, view the "Latest Posts" from all sub-forums but have no idea how to assist in a problem with anything other than an RX or whatever model they own. That tends to run up the view count. Still others, mostly long-term members, may have viewed the issue you are addressing in the past and do not respond since a solution can be found through the "Search" mechanism.

A harsh thread, such as the current offering, would tend to put people off of giving assistance. However, you can consider this post as assistance if you choose.

Yeah, ClubLexus does a lot of useful mods. Like the VIP scene and aftermarket goodies. What I've notice, is that people on here aren't into DIY. They prefer to take their car to the dealer. If you can't find what you're looking for on here, you should keep on going with your little answer adventure! I really don't rely on this "Place" for anything anymore. Haha. I'm going to sign up for an account at club lexus. Hope to see you there.

Yeah, ClubLexus does a lot of useful mods. Like the VIP scene and aftermarket goodies. What I've notice, is that people on here aren't into DIY. They prefer to take their car to the dealer. If you can't find what you're looking for on here, you should keep on going with your little answer adventure! I really don't rely on this "Place" for anything anymore. Haha. I'm going to sign up for an account at club lexus. Hope to see you there.

Happy hunting and good luck in your new adventure! :cheers: You'll be missed! :whistles:

Happy hunting and good luck in your new adventure! :cheers: You'll be missed! :whistles:

All im saying is if there is a question simple as mines! nothing technical but questions asking for an opinion, and 200 something people look at it and dont bother to say anything i just dont get why that is . i can understand a technical question that alot of people dont know, but questions on maintenance and similar stuff why not throw in your two scents and if there is a thread like mine direct me to it atleast.

Yeah...I would say don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Plenty of reasons why your post may not have been responded to.

1. It may have been a topic that has been discussed a thousand times and people have just said all they wish to say on the topic. Thats why theres a search feature on the site.

2. It may be a topic that nobody has any direct experience with.

3. And this is the most likely IMHO, people had a hard time understanding what it was you were asking. Seriously and this is not meant to be mean, but people are busy and this is leisure time for them. If they have trouble understanding your post...they just ignore it and move on. Thats what I do.

This is a site of enthusiasts and it is actually pretty active...throwing a temper tantrum isn't going to provide you with the result that you're looking for.

EDIT- I read your threads and...every single one of the topics in your threads has been discussed here before...just do a search. On top of that they are very poorly written and difficult to follow. At one point you're trying to sell your car...or are you not?

EDIT- I read your threads and...every single one of the topics in your threads has been discussed here before...just do a search. On top of that they are very poorly written and difficult to follow. At one point you're trying to sell your car...or are you not?

I read the threads too and found most of them meandering and difficult to follow -- that's why I didn't try to figure them out and respond.

I read the threads too and found most of them meandering and difficult to follow -- that's why I didn't try to figure them out and respond.

It's called communication. Some know how, others ..............? :huh:

All im saying is if there is a question simple as mines! nothing technical but questions asking for an opinion, and 200 something people look at it and dont bother to say anything i just dont get why that is . i can understand a technical question that alot of people dont know, but questions on maintenance and similar stuff why not throw in your two scents and if there is a thread like mine direct me to it atleast.

I replied to one of your questions, re. a paintjob/stains and asked to put some pics up. You replied to that, but then nothing came up. It wouldn't hurt to leave some sort of comment, instead of leaving it hangin'. How seriously do you to expect me to answer your next question?

I'm kind of a newcomer on this forum, but sincerely respect and appreciate some of the comments from experienced forum-users above, as there's much to be learned from their answers (including myself). You might consider looking them up and find them to be very informative and helpful.

I'm kind of put off when people believe they have a right on answers. As mentioned, it doesn't work when you put out a message that seems like: 'hey, I don't wanna search myself, give me fast answers'. Self-reflection might be key here.

Every forum has it's own 'mindset', rules and philosophy. Like it or not, just what Dcfish and others clearly pointed out, can't argue with that...

Cheers

• 1 month later...

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-second-generation/

I must advice you to use the advanced search first. Also, at the top of the page, there is a sticky with all the DIYs you will ever need. GL

I replied to one of your questions, re. a paintjob/stains and asked to put some pics up. You replied to that, but then nothing came up. It wouldn't hurt to leave some sort of comment, instead of leaving it hangin'. How seriously do you to expect me to answer your next question?

I'm kind of a newcomer on this forum, but sincerely respect and appreciate some of the comments from experienced forum-users above, as there's much to be learned from their answers (including myself). You might consider looking them up and find them to be very informative and helpful.

I'm kind of put off when people believe they have a right on answers. As mentioned, it doesn't work when you put out a message that seems like: 'hey, I don't wanna search myself, give me fast answers'. Self-reflection might be key here.

Every forum has it's own 'mindset', rules and philosophy. Like it or not, just what Dcfish and others clearly pointed out, can't argue with that...

Cheers

cheers.gif

• 4 months later...