Sticky Mirrors Ls430 '04

curiousB

Hi all.

My LS430 2004 is exhibiting sticky (outside door) mirrors again. When I move the control the mirror doesn't always move or moves then stalls. I believe the mechanism has been fouled up and is binding (i.e. not electrical). I want to fix it before the extra mechanical load burns out the position motors out. Has anyone done this before? I not sure if it possible to lubricate the mechanism behind the mirror. I'm not even sure how to get to the mechanism (does mirror come out?).

Any suggestions?

Hi all.

My LS430 2004 is exhibiting sticky (outside door) mirrors again. When I move the control the mirror doesn't always move or moves then stalls. I believe the mechanism has been fouled up and is binding (i.e. not electrical). I want to fix it before the extra mechanical load burns out the position motors out. Has anyone done this before? I not sure if it possible to lubricate the mechanism behind the mirror. I'm not even sure how to get to the mechanism (does mirror come out?).

Any suggestions?

I have had 5 or 6 side mirrors replaced when they wouldn't adjust or fold. Additionally. the PAX door controller had to be replaced once. Fortunately all were under warranty at +/- $500 each. If it happens again, now that I am out of warranty, I will most-likely adjust them and leave them alone.

Hi all.

Any suggestions?

I have had 5 or 6 side mirrors replaced when they wouldn't adjust or fold. Additionally. the PAX door controller had to be replaced once. Fortunately all were under warranty at +/- $500 each. If it happens again, now that I am out of warranty, I will most-likely adjust them and leave them alone.

My 2001 LS430 has the same issue, at times. Usually occurs after car is washed. I had taken it to the dealer once, but they said there was nothing they could do. Sorry can't help!

Hi all.

Any suggestions?

My 2001 LS430 has the same issue, at times. Usually occurs after car is washed. I had taken it to the dealer once, but they said there was nothing they could do. Sorry can't help!

Yes the mirror pops off. I used to just pull it from the lower corner and it would pop out. After that it is up to you.

There seems to be a lot of yuck that collects in the joint between the mounting point and the mirror housing. There are pads there that I've lubricated in the past with Sonus or grease and yes it does seem to get worse when it rains.

Let us know what you find when you pull the mirror off; my mirrors are getting sticky again after our wet winter here.