Starting Issues

ssdoeg2

Howzit to all, I've had a 1991 ls for about 7 years now and have really enjoyed it and with all of your help and posts have been able to take care of the car on my own. I recently got a 1995 ls with 98K miles on it for free but with a bad transmission and it won't startup after sitting since Aug. 09. I'm trying to get it started first before I dive into the tranny problem. I've sprayed starter fluid and it tries to turnover so I believe there's spark but It's only me so I spray then go and turnover the motor, I'm not spraying and having someone start the car for me to see if it stays running. I drained old fuel and replaced fuel filter and verified fuel at the fuel rail after the four injectors on drivers side but when I popped fuel rail off intake manifold I do not see any moisture(fuel) around the opening where injector sits on manifold when I turn over motor. I'm not sure if injectors are being fired or if it's clogged so question is what's the simplest way to check that.

Thanks in advance for all your past help and future help. The car is in real nice shape exterior and interior wise other than clearcoat peeling on roof and hood and tears on driver side seat. Saw the car sitting for a while and finally appoached the owner and he said tow it out of here and it's yours! I am trying to find a mechanic who does housecalls so sorry in advance for possibly prematurely asking for help without doing any proper diagnostics but the owner said it used to startup fine so I'm hoping one of you experts can maybe get it started based on what i've said.

Thanks,

Dale

Howzit to all, I've had a 1991 ls for about 7 years now and have really enjoyed it and with all of your help and posts have been able to take care of the car on my own. I recently got a 1995 ls with 98K miles on it for free but with a bad transmission and it won't startup after sitting since Aug. 09. I'm trying to get it started first before I dive into the tranny problem. I've sprayed starter fluid and it tries to turnover so I believe there's spark but It's only me so I spray then go and turnover the motor, I'm not spraying and having someone start the car for me to see if it stays running. I drained old fuel and replaced fuel filter and verified fuel at the fuel rail after the four injectors on drivers side but when I popped fuel rail off intake manifold I do not see any moisture(fuel) around the opening where injector sits on manifold when I turn over motor. I'm not sure if injectors are being fired or if it's clogged so question is what's the simplest way to check that.

Thanks in advance for all your past help and future help. The car is in real nice shape exterior and interior wise other than clearcoat peeling on roof and hood and tears on driver side seat. Saw the car sitting for a while and finally appoached the owner and he said tow it out of here and it's yours! I am trying to find a mechanic who does housecalls so sorry in advance for possibly prematurely asking for help without doing any proper diagnostics but the owner said it used to startup fine so I'm hoping one of you experts can maybe get it started based on what i've said.

Thanks,

Dale

Try to verify that you have fuel line pressure.

I.E that the pump is running

Yes I do have fuel pressure. I did not tighten the bolt at end of fuel rail that goes aroung to the right side fuel rail and when I tried starting the car fuel was coming out pretty fast by the bolt. I can't believe how brittle the connectors are, several tabs have broken on a few of them. I'm getting a code reader and will go from there. Thanks for your reply royt.