Key Fob

i would have searched on this before asking, but the retarded search function wont let me search with 4 characters or less, so 'fob' was unsearchable. ANYWAY...i have a 94 sc300, and was wondering if it came stock with a key fob? im inclined to think it has, because there is a switch built in under the dash that disables remotes, and it looks factory..secondly, i just discovered last week my car has a factory alarm, when somehow the security featured was engaged and i tried to close the hood, it triggered some switch which set the alarm off.

i went on ebay to check for fobs, and it appears 95 is the first year that it was offered..so....what gives?

i would have searched on this before asking, but the retarded search function wont let me search with 4 characters or less, so 'fob' was unsearchable. ANYWAY...i have a 94 sc300, and was wondering if it came stock with a key fob? im inclined to think it has, because there is a switch built in under the dash that disables remotes, and it looks factory..secondly, i just discovered last week my car has a factory alarm, when somehow the security featured was engaged and i tried to close the hood, it triggered some switch which set the alarm off.

i went on ebay to check for fobs, and it appears 95 is the first year that it was offered..so....what gives?

95 was not the first year. I have a 93 sc300 and it has one. Its my understanding that all sc300's and 400's came with fobs built into the orginal key when they were sold new. I have mine, but something was messed up with my keyless entry system. Goto best buy and get a viper keyless entry system installed $139 no other relays are needed and your alarm will arm and disarm with the lock and unlock buttons on the viper remote(as well as lock and unlock your car wow!)....or you could go get a quote from lexus and depending on whats wrong with your system for 700-1000 bucks like they told me haha :lol:

95 was not the first year. I have a 93 sc300 and it has one. Its my understanding that all sc300's and 400's came with fobs built into the orginal key when they were sold new. I have mine, but something was messed up with my keyless entry system. Goto best buy and get a viper keyless entry system installed $139 no other relays are needed and your alarm will arm and disarm with the lock and unlock buttons on the viper remote(as well as lock and unlock your car wow!)....or you could go get a quote from lexus and depending on whats wrong with your system for 700-1000 bucks like they told me haha :lol:

i called up the lexus dealer and as it turns out, mine didnt have a fob (according to him) rather just the master key had a button for the door locks, which i guess automatically tied into the alarm, i dunno...but yeah, the key itself was like 225 bucks plus 65 to program it i think? i passed. but viper huh? i may check that out, it sure would be nice to not have to mess with the key to lock and unlock anymore. :)

• 1 month later...

I have a 95 that came with the master key that had the button on it unfortunately the sensor in the door is broken and Lexus of Wayzata quoted me 900 dollars to fix it. Aftermarket alarm here I come.

• 4 weeks later...

i called up the lexus dealer and as it turns out, mine didnt have a fob (according to him) rather just the master key had a button for the door locks, which i guess automatically tied into the alarm, i dunno...but yeah, the key itself was like 225 bucks plus 65 to program it i think? i passed. but viper huh? i may check that out, it sure would be nice to not have to mess with the key to lock and unlock anymore. :)

Be very careful dude if you with an alternate fob not factory because you can mess around and disable you power windows because current flows from the theft deterrent ecu built in to the car to power window system if your car isn't wired properly you could be in for a headache like I am right now with the ultra alarm system. Ill post my findings soon as I fix it though.

I have an alarm on my 93 sc400 with remote in key. The guy put a jumper box over the factory alarm, inside rear panel in back seat. The key, alarm and install cost me about $125.00 I have had it for about two years and it works very will. The shop is in South San Francisco, Ca. But I think he will ship parts. The install is real simple.