Cd Changer

The sound system in my 1995 SC300 is the "lexus premium" system, so I believe thats all pioneer right. Well that factory CD Changer in the trunk works fine in my car except for 2 problems. 1st problem is it cant read copied CD's or CD-R's well at all. The 2nd problem is that it skips alot when the car goes over a bump. Is there any way to fix these problems? or is there anyway to simply remove that CD changer and install one bought from a electronics store? I'll greatly appreciate any help or advice.

If it doesn't say Nacamichi on the stereo head, it's the Pioneer. The CD, CD-R, CD-RW; if you can't hear normal cds that you buy from the store, then it's something else with your Changer. Since your CD changer is unique with the Pioneer Head Unit in your dash, you'll have to repair the existing changer.

Try contacting United Radio--Automotive Division. they fix our Pioneer systems.

As for something you buy from the store. you'd end up getting the R/F units, which are not the best.

I can hear normal CD's that are bought from a store just fine, but the CD-R's and CD-RW dont work, they start skipping tracks and songs. The CD changer in general skips alot when theres bumps. I know that some of the store bought CD changers dont use the R/F, would the non R/F type install in the pre existing wiring?

the other solution is to switch to the es300 cd changer made by pioneer. your present 12 disc is first generation panasonic changer. the es300 is 3rd genration pioneer and doesnt skip and plys cdrs well. pioneer invented the homeburner so all theior cd plyers play cdrs. the 92 to 96 es300 6 disc plays them well. i have pictures of the instaltion. email me at emancy@woh.rr.com

• 7 months later...
The sound system in my 1995 SC300 is the "lexus premium" system, so I believe thats all pioneer right. Well that factory CD Changer in the trunk works fine in my car except for 2 problems. 1st problem is it cant read copied CD's or CD-R's well at all. The 2nd problem is that it skips alot when the car goes over a bump. Is there any way to fix these problems? or is there anyway to simply remove that CD changer and install one bought from a electronics store? I'll greatly appreciate any help or advice.

I am trying to find a 1997 SC400 CD Cartridge. Bought the car used but no cart.

Will any other brand work????