Wtb 93-94 Ls400 Gauge Cluster For Parts

williamb82

Im in need of a gauge cluster for a 93-94 ls400. it doesnt need to be fully functional but i need at least the speedo/tach needle to be working and unbroken. also need both boards to be unmolested. previous owner tried a repair on the boards and damaged the traces so i need the circuit boards to replace them. lmk what you have and the price including shipping to 34608 Spring Hill, Florida.

William

Im in need of a gauge cluster for a 93-94 ls400. it doesnt need to be fully functional but i need at least the speedo/tach needle to be working and unbroken. also need both boards to be unmolested. previous owner tried a repair on the boards and damaged the traces so i need the circuit boards to replace them. lmk what you have and the price including shipping to 34608 Spring Hill, Florida.

William

Suggestion. Trace lines on pc boards are not that hard to repair. I successfully do it all the time.

For a good looking job get a junk board and find a like width. Clean off the coating if there is some and clean both ends, scraping with an exacto knife to prep for soldering before removing. Cut the trace vertically the length your going to remove and pry an end up with the knife. Then holding the knife under the end just peal it back. Scrap both ends of trace on the good to prep for solder and simply solder the trace onto the good board and epoxy or varnish it down. Another way is to use a strip of fine magnet wire or transformer wire, that type is coated for insulation and solder it to the bad trace. Coat it down to the board and done, you got good continuity.

William

Suggestion. Trace lines on pc boards are not that hard to repair. I successfully do it all the time.

For a good looking job get a junk board and find a like width. Clean off the coating if there is some and clean both ends, scraping with an exacto knife to prep for soldering before removing. Cut the trace vertically the length your going to remove and pry an end up with the knife. Then holding the knife under the end just peal it back. Scrap both ends of trace on the good to prep for solder and simply solder the trace onto the good board and epoxy or varnish it down. Another way is to use a strip of fine magnet wire or transformer wire, that type is coated for insulation and solder it to the bad trace. Coat it down to the board and done, you got good continuity.

thanks. im not sure its a trace issue though. my fuel gauge works. car hasnt moved in 2 weeks as im trying to fix the cluster first and also sent the ecu out to be refurbished. the fule gauge when you turn the key on goes to full sometimes. other times it goes just barely over empty. then other times half tank. and others 3/4. no fuel has been added and it will do this in the coarse of minutes. also, the needle for my speedo is physically broken. was like that when i got the car and i got a 90-92 cluster for cheap as someone told me i could swap the speedo itself into my cluster. took them both apart and this is not possible. no way no how. the drive mechanism for the needle is a diff size plus the electrical boards on the speedo's themselves and how they mount are totally different.

i still need a 93-94 cluster. the junkyards around here are insane with their prices, and i only need it for parts anyhow.