Height Control Pump Problems

blutoe

I am in Sayulita Mexico,

I have my LX 470 serviced at Toyota of Puerto Vallarta. They are great people and try their best!

We had to replace a gromet on the lower attachment of the rt front shock, so it had to be removed.

As a result, the fiddled with the height control so much, they burned up the pump. the replacement part from Lexus is 2200$ + or -.

I have heard disabling the system and putting on regular cruiser shocks may be the best solution, as my vehicle has 100 mi.

any experience? ideas? or suggestions on this?

thx

tom

• 2 weeks later...

I am in Sayulita Mexico,

I have my LX 470 serviced at Toyota of Puerto Vallarta. They are great people and try their best!

We had to replace a gromet on the lower attachment of the rt front shock, so it had to be removed.

As a result, the fiddled with the height control so much, they burned up the pump. the replacement part from Lexus is 2200$ + or -.

I have heard disabling the system and putting on regular cruiser shocks may be the best solution, as my vehicle has 100 mi.

any experience? ideas? or suggestions on this?

thx

tom

you can and should buy ONLY the actual 'pump sub-assembly' and the 2 O-ring seals should cost $350 +/- send me an email if you have difficulty and I can probably buy it and resale to you