Yet Another New Ride 1999 This Time

billydpowell

Well I popped off and said I would give him $6500 for it, and he said pay me.

So I did.....

I dont like the 20" wheels and tires, so they will have to go..

and it has 139K on it with no record of a TB/WP, so we will do that.

But it is a nice car and it is my color...

So I have a new ride...

The 97 will be sold

OK, HERE ARE UPDATE PHOTOS:

the 99 with the correct wheels,

and the 96 with the correct wheels.

NOW what do you think???

post-5365-127006342976_thumb.jpg

post-5365-127006343862_thumb.jpg

post-5365-127024042193_thumb.jpg

post-5365-127024044784_thumb.jpg

So I did.....

So I have a new ride...

The 97 will be sold

Nice! Those are some mac rims bro! Can we get some inside shots?

So I did.....

So I have a new ride...

The 97 will be sold

post-5365-127006913782_thumb.jpg

post-5365-127006915151_thumb.jpg

post-5365-127006915973_thumb.jpg

So I did.....

So I have a new ride...

The 97 will be sold

post-5365-127006929782_thumb.jpg

post-5365-127006931119_thumb.jpg

WOW that pretty pimpn' for someone with your... uhh wisdom. Ditch the rims and that is one awesome ride. You did well. BTW how much you looking to get for the '97 your now going to sell?

Thanks, glad you like it... I will ask $5900 for the 97, so I can come down to $5500. but for a club member I will take $5000. the 97 chrome wheels will go on the new 99, original wheels off the 99 will go on the 97 and the 20" wheels and tires will be sold also

WOW that pretty pimpn' for someone with your... uhh wisdom. Ditch the rims and that is one awesome ride. You did well. BTW how much you looking to get for the '97 your now going to sell?

Thanks, glad you like it... I will ask $5900 for the 97, so I can come down to $5500. but for a club member I will take $5000. the 97 chrome wheels will go on the new 99, original wheels off the 99 will go on the 97 and the 20" wheels and tires will be sold also

Wow. I would be very, very, very interested in that '97, if you haven't already blessed someone else with it. If you wouldn't mind, could you email me? davispb@mindspring.com

I agree, clean car, horrid wheels. Was the previous owner a drugdealer?

no, about 20 and from south of the border... working at a auto parts store.

probably had a $1000, in wheels and tires.... and the hood struts are out????

go figure...

I am putting my chrome wheels off my 97 on it (they are correct for it anyway)

and the woofer is not blown... lucky me, my Gaither CD's sound good.

but the radio dial is blank. everything works, but blank??

got any ideas? I can have it repaired for 140.

photos are my chrome and the originals

post-5365-127015464285_thumb.jpg

post-5365-12701546502_thumb.jpg

Very nice catch Billy, Congrats :cheers: Have a great Easter !!!

Thanks, you too....... the tomb is empty!!

Billy, you done good! I have been thinking about making a little trip to the DFW area and searching for my next ride. The reason? Well,

living in N. Indiana, the roads are heavily salted in the winter and cars do rust, even a Lexus over time. Not so much in Texas, if any. From what I see on Craigslist, it should be a happy hunting ground.

The tomb is indeed empty...as is now your wallet! Have a nice Easter.

So I did.....

Now that's the way to buy cars! Everyone's done their homework, so it's down to yes or no! Easy peasy! No time wasted!

Congrats! :cheers: ... and the collection continues!

I really don't mind the wheels on the car ... actually surprised myself because I'm not a great fan of aftermarket wheels on the LS.

Billy, you done good! I have been thinking about making a little trip to the DFW area and searching for my next ride. The reason? Well,

living in N. Indiana, the roads are heavily salted in the winter and cars do rust, even a Lexus over time. Not so much in Texas, if any. From what I see on Craigslist, it should be a happy hunting ground.

Got a buddy who works at Air Canada and used to fly down (for free of course) w a couple of helpers to DFW regularly to pick up ~57 Caddys then drive them back to resell up here. Every one I saw was in immaculate condition. I wish I had bought a couple from him. They'd be worth something today. If I was looking for another "preowned" Lex that's where I'd go. Happy Easter y'all!

So I did.....

Now that's the way to buy cars! Everyone's done their homework, so it's down to yes or no! Easy peasy! No time wasted!

Congrats! :cheers: ... and the collection continues!

I really don't mind the wheels on the car ... actually surprised myself because I'm not a great fan of aftermarket wheels on the LS.

Got a buddy who works at Air Canada and used to fly down (for free of course) w a couple of helpers to DFW regularly to pick up ~57 Caddys then drive them back to resell up here. Every one I saw was in immaculate condition. I wish I had bought a couple from him. They'd be worth something today. If I was looking for another "preowned" Lex that's where I'd go. Happy Easter y'all!

I updated my photos, after swapping the wheels around on all 3 LS's... what do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you guys can help me... (Sorry if I'm jacking your thread)

My girlfriend wants a WHITE Lexus and I found a 98 LS 400 with 70,000 miles only for $6,500. I'm going to look at it as we speak and wanted to know what to look for.. I know the water pump and timing belt are coming up if they havent already been done, so how much can I expect to fork out for that?

Also any other main things to look for? The pics show the car in great condition and it has the factory Navigation.

The owner is a small shop and the guy said the "rear brake service" light is on, they replaced the rear brake pads and rotors but the light is still on. Any thoughts?

I'll check back in after I look at it and hopefully have a better idea of what to look for.

Thanks in advance! Hope to be a LS owner soon :)

--> side note: she was looking at a 98 GS400 with 121,000 on it with navi etc... Drove decent, and looks decent. I got him down from $7,000 to $5,500 so we have some decent options to choose from. What do ya think!?