Gs300 A/c Not Working

I have a 2001 gs300 and about 6 months ago the a/c was working fine ,then sometimes I had to tun it on and off a few times to make it work until finally it stop cooling.The blower works but is just not cold air.I started to look in to it and found that the compressor clutch is working,it engages when is turn on,I check the pressure and there is no difference between the high and low sides I was getting about 125 psi on both sides.Any ideas?

Not easy to diagnose like this, but there are some things to look out for: bad expansion valve, faulty servo motor (air/mix valve), bad interior/air/evaporator-temperature sensor. Something might show up with a factory scantool.

Here's some diagram, perhaps useful:

I have a 2001 gs300 and about 6 months ago the a/c was working fine ,then sometimes I had to tun it on and off a few times to make it work until finally it stop cooling.The blower works but is just not cold air.I started to look in to it and found that the compressor clutch is working,it engages when is turn on,I check the pressure and there is no difference between the high and low sides I was getting about 125 psi on both sides.Any ideas?

Since you have confirmed that the compressor clutch is engaging, and there is no difference between the high/low side, you have a bad compressor. 125 sounds about right for the equalized pressure. So on the system will need to be flushed, the reciever will need to be replaced in order to clear the system of debris from the compressor. I would recommend taking this to a professional, as the procedure is beyond the scope of most home mechanics.

I am asking different friends and I got many opinions,a bad compressor I think is is very good and I considered buying it but they also told me that it could be the expansion valve that is held wide open does any body has an idea of how to test it? I will hate to buy the compressor and find out that it was not the problem.

• 1 month later...

I am asking different friends and I got many opinions,a bad compressor I think is is very good and I considered buying it but they also told me that it could be the expansion valve that is held wide open does any body has an idea of how to test it? I will hate to buy the compressor and find out that it was not the problem.

I finally decided and bought a compressor,I installed a filter dryer also and it seems to be working good.The good news are that I spent as much as the quote I got to replace the filter dryer only.Thank you for your input.