2002 Gs 300 Radio Face Plate

I am new to these forums and have tried to search and find an answer to my question but haven't had any luck. I recently purchased a 2002 GS 300 Sport Design. The radio face plate (I hope that is what it is called) is a silver color or maybe chrome and something must have spilled on the face plate or a cleaner that was not compatible with the surface was used and caused it to blacken and become stained. It does not look very good. My question(s)...

1. Does anyone know if the face plate of the radio can be removed without taking out the radio?

2. If the radio has to be removed can the face plate be taken off or is it integrated into the radio and the only solution would be to purchase another radio?

I was told by a gentleman who has a body shop that if I can get it(face plate) off he will clean and re-paint it.

If anyone can help or offer suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Hi flclark,

1. Does anyone know if the face plate of the radio can be removed without taking out the radio?

To my knowledge, it can't be done without removing the unit.

2. If the radio has to be removed can the face plate be taken off or is it integrated into the radio and the only solution would be to purchase another radio?

According to this link, it looks like it comes off: Radio face

Hi flclark,

To my knowledge, it can't be done without removing the unit.

According to this link, it looks like it comes off: Radio face