Lexus Car Radio Conversion

ajahearn

I recently purchased a 96 LS 400 that has the Lexus car radio installed, along with the steering wheel controls. I was hoping someone might have information about this setup? I'd like to know if it works in conjunction with the Pioneer radio and if possible to convert this over to some form of blue tooth setup. Thanks in advance.

That doesn't make any sense. You're saying it has the OE factory radio in it? It's made by Pioneer. Will it work with a bluetooth, no, if it's an OE radio it's 13yrs old, bluetooth technology didn't exist then.

An aftermarket Pioneer deck (or any) with steering wheel input and bluetooth could be installed if you don't mind losing the subwoofer unless you also buy the adapter harness to integrate into the OE amplifier.

I recently purchased a 96 LS 400 that has the Lexus car radio installed, along with the steering wheel controls. I was hoping someone might have information about this setup? I'd like to know if it works in conjunction with the Pioneer radio and if possible to convert this over to some form of blue tooth setup. Thanks in advance.

What steering wheel controls? The only available steering wheel controls on a 96 LS I know about are for the obsolete analog dealer installed Lexus phone system. If you want to install a Bluetooth phone kit while keeping the OEM radio, that is fairly easy. If you are looking to stream music from a Bluetooth A2DP device, then you will probably need an aftermarket radio system. What exactly are you looking for?

Sorry about the confusion. The sticker I found with the service history of the car shows a "Lexus" car phone installation. It is probably an aftermarket installation.

As for the bluetooth, I realize that technology was not standardized til after 1996. I was just wondering if the radio allowed for one of the inputs to "seize" control of the amplification section. I would like to replace the car phone with some kind of bluetooth aftermarket receiver that would play thru the radio rather than having to replace the whole radio. But it seems likely that the car is too old for this kind of application.