Brake Warning Vsc/ecb

Need help, just replaced both front brake pads on my 2006/GS430. In doing so I had to remove the drivers side caliber and air got into it, changing the pads was the easy part. After purchasing three differnt devices to bleed the lines I still have a soft pedal. Today I took it to a national service center and to just change out and reflush the brake fluid lines, figuring this was the easy fix to my problem. They tell me they can't do it because Lexus Service has to reset the computer to recognise the new pads and the VSC/ECB waring will go out and the soft pedal will be eliminated.

Hate to drive it with a soft brake pedal and the braking is slow.

Need help, just replaced both front brake pads on my 2006/GS430. In doing so I had to remove the drivers side caliber and air got into it, changing the pads was the easy part. After purchasing three differnt devices to bleed the lines I still have a soft pedal. Today I took it to a national service center and to just change out and reflush the brake fluid lines, figuring this was the easy fix to my problem. They tell me they can't do it because Lexus Service has to reset the computer to recognise the new pads and the VSC/ECB waring will go out and the soft pedal will be eliminated.

Hate to drive it with a soft brake pedal and the braking is slow.

Try disconnecting the neg. battery terminal for a few minutes, Then reconnect. Let us know if that works.

Welcome to the club :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

To do a complete system bleeding (recommended in cases of improper brake pedal feel) a scantool with Lexus software is necessary to open the valves in the ABS/Brake Control module. Usually, this service is only available at a Lexus dealer.

To do a complete system bleeding (recommended in cases of improper brake pedal feel) a scantool with Lexus software is necessary to open the valves in the ABS/Brake Control module. Usually, this service is only available at a Lexus dealer.

Guy, does this mean you can't or shouldn't get your '06 GS300 brake job done at a trusted local tire dealer?

Guy, does this mean you can't or shouldn't get your '06 GS300 brake job done at a trusted local tire dealer?

That all depends on if it is possible to change the pads without bleeding the system. I, personally have done it many times, but not on a 2006. A full "electronically aided" bleeding is only usually necessary when replacing major components other than just complete caliper assemblies. This I have also done successfully by using the old "pump the pedal" method.

I'm still trying to figure out how air got into the system during a simple pad change. If the brake line was disconnected from the caliper, I could understand that. Though I can't seem to reason why that would be necessary to change the pads.