One Black Spark Pulg

mugs

I have 94 es300 with one black dry spark plug #6 that makes it idle rough and check engine light on .

Try swapping it with the one next to it, if it works it may be the HT wire is faulty

or just a faulty plug.

If continues to get fowled all the time may be faulty injector not spraying nice cone

or leaking

Since this year has direct fire, try swapping the ignition coils #4 & #6. I would also check compression and then replace the plug. If this does not help, then I would look at the injector.

I switched the coils and this seems to be an on going problem with the same cylinder the only thing I have not checked is the fuel injector. Should I just swap it with another on the car.

Are you checking the codes? If it is a bad coil the miss will move, but you will not know that unless you read the codes. As far as swapping injectors, swap 4 & 6.

I tried to access the codes by putting a bridge wire from te 1 to e 1 and the check engine light did not blink

Are you checking the codes? If it is a bad coil the miss will move, but you will not know that unless you read the codes. As far as swapping injectors, swap 4 & 6.

I tried to access the codes by putting a bridge wire from te 1 to e 1 and the check engine light did not blink

I believe most 94 es300 are OBDII, try taking it to the local auto part store and asking them to read the codes. One other thing you could do is listen to #6 injector, take a long screwdriver. Hold the handle to your ear, and place the tip on the body of the injector. Compare the sound that you hear to injectors #2 & #4. It is possible that you will hear a difference. You should be able to hear the injector open/close.

ok I will give that a shot thanks no k&n filter

seems like this problem started when I replaced the valve cover gaskets

I took it in to get a diagnostic they told me it was the knock sensors and it would cost 1,800 that didn't take care of the problem took it to another mechanic he said it was a blown head gasket 1,500 . I took it a part had the head redone put it together and I still have the same problem miss fire on 2,4,and6.

what more do I need to do. This thing has drained my wallet.gaskets alone are't cheap.runs a little rough at idle and runs like champ when I drive it. not good on gas

can I get a little more help

I still recommend cleaning the airflow meter, but with that additional information I would have gone in a different dirrection. With all that has been done this is what I would recommend.

1) clean airflow meter

2) do a compression check, at least the front bank (even number cylinders

3) check the spark plugs, were they gapped before you installed them? I used to not believe in gapping the plugs, but I now firmly believe that it must be done.

4) check all vac hoses and fix any leaks.

5) I would not take it back to the guy that sold you knock sensors, that is beyond a total ripoff.

I still recommend cleaning the airflow meter, but with that additional information I would have gone in a different dirrection. With all that has been done this is what I would recommend.

1) clean airflow meter

2) do a compression check, at least the front bank (even number cylinders

3) check the spark plugs, were they gapped before you installed them? I used to not believe in gapping the plugs, but I now firmly believe that it must be done.

4) check all vac hoses and fix any leaks.

5) I would not take it back to the guy that sold you knock sensors, that is beyond a total ripoff.

I will try all your checks I also found a crack in my air intake hose I have a replacement on its way I will clean the air flow meter then. thanks again George.

I will try all your checks I also found a crack in my air intake hose I have a replacement on its way I will clean the air flow meter then. thanks again George.

The intake hose could be the problem, if the crack lets in enough un-metered air (bypasses the flow meter) it will get a leaning of the mixture. With the air intake hose this will vary as the engine tilts when you accelerate hard. The tilt will open/close any cracks in the intake. From what I have read, the front bank is more sensitive to this (I personally do not know if this is true).

I know it has been a while since I was on here and I did all the checks you outlined George I even pulled the IACV and cleaned that also it seems to run a lot better but still have cel my pcv valve would not have any thing to do with it would it. My air intake hose just got in today must have been sent by covered wagon. I will put that on tomorrow .I need to get one of those code readers any suggestions on a good one that won't hurt the pocket book to much. Thanks again for the direction .

I know it has been a while since I was on here and I did all the checks you outlined George I even pulled the IACV and cleaned that also it seems to run a lot better but still have cel my pcv valve would not have any thing to do with it would it. My air intake hose just got in today must have been sent by covered wagon. I will put that on tomorrow .I need to get one of those code readers any suggestions on a good one that won't hurt the pocket book to much. Thanks again for the direction

ha you know if you change plugs have you ever your value cover gaskets? need to change those once a year or so :whistles:

I know it has been a while since I was on here and I did all the checks you outlined George I even pulled the IACV and cleaned that also it seems to run a lot better but still have cel my pcv valve would not have any thing to do with it would it. My air intake hose just got in today must have been sent by covered wagon. I will put that on tomorrow .I need to get one of those code readers any suggestions on a good one that won't hurt the pocket book to much. Thanks again for the direction

ha you know if you change plugs have you ever your value cover gaskets? need to change those once a year or so :whistles:

just go to auto zone have it read for free :whistles: